PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Map of southwest Greenland
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heymax
Pulcino

Greenland
5 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2016 :  19:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have been trying to get a map of southwest Greenland without success and I can not find it anywhere except from downloadables files where you can gather the file maps together to one pieces and I do not know how.
Anyone know how to do that?

https://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2311&p=11767&hilit=greenland#p11767

BR Max

Max P

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2016 :  22:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do you ask here? It is over one year you are asking on xcsoar forum. What are you doing here?
Go to Top of Page

heymax
Pulcino

Greenland
5 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2016 :  23:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a forum and maybe somebody knows ;-)Okay?

Max P
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  00:36:14  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah ok. But the reason is the one already explained on the forum there, I think.
For the DEM map I mean!
Go to Top of Page

heymax
Pulcino

Greenland
5 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  13:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool - thanx.
Just want to know if somebody had been in the same situation and what solution they made. So any idea how to make a map over southwest greenland to use the map in LK8000?

BR
Max

Max P
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  15:04:31  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Max, the problem with DEM maps is that they were made by a Shuttle aircraft years ago, and the Shuttle did not fly over Greenland as I remember to have read somewhere.
Are there many hills and mountains in Greenland? Just asking.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  17:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, previously maps for Norway north of 60 degrees N were not available, both for xcsoar and Lk8000. Somehow it was eventually made available for LK8000 (don't knowabout XCS). I don't know if these issues are related? What was the solution for >60 degrees N?
Go to Top of Page

heymax
Pulcino

Greenland
5 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  18:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Coolwind, thannx for the answer. yes we have a lot of mountains, hills, fjords and it could be similar to Norway.
There is a website with DEM map files also for greenland, but there are many files that had to be gathered together to make one piece of a map file - what application should I use to make one map file?

BR

Max

Max P
Go to Top of Page

heymax
Pulcino

Greenland
5 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  18:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heres the website: http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage%20map%20viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm

Max P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy