PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Paragliding race modes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ventus2a
Pulcino

Italy
7 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2016 :  07:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

I am a new user from Lk8000 an Kobo from GoFl Instruments.

Please three questions:

1.) How I can insert the start time for a race to goal task?
2.) It can calculate the remaining time to start, speed to start etc.?
3.) I can insert the end of speed section?

Thanks, Peter

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2016 :  08:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this https://sites.google.com/site/jarosrwebsite/goflypico/setting-up-lk8000
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2016 :  10:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ventus2a,

quote:
Originally posted by Ventus2a

1.) How I can insert the start time for a race to goal task?

Go to page 'Nav 2/3' > 'Edit Task' > 'Time Gates'. Now set your 'Task Start Time'. Most Comps have only 1 gate, so what you put in 'Gates Interval' won't have any effect. I would recommend to set the 'Start Close Time' to what is written on the Task Board as 'Task Deadline' or similar. You're on the safe side to start a valid task like this. Don't set it too early, remember that you might be a bit late in/out of the start cylinder beacause of any reason. If so and you have set the 'Start Close Time' too early, you might not be able to start a valid task anymore, because your start has been closed already!

quote:

2.) It can calculate the remaining time to start, speed to start etc.?

Yes, LK8000 does that perfectly. On the right side it shows you how much time is left before the task is started and as well how many minutes/seconds before or after the start you will arrive at the cylinder edge from where you are right now at current cruise speed. That way you can perfectly adjust your speed and fly faster or slower to be in/out of start cylinder at the right time, which of course shouldn't be before but as close as possible after the 'Start Time'.

Furthermore please be aware that LK8000 at the moment is not capable of setting a dedicated 'start of speed section' which usually in paragliding comps is the second cylinder as most of the races are air started races. That said it is important that when you've entered your task from the taskboard and checked that the task distance matches correctly you'll have to delete the launch from your LK8000 which then results in a shorter distance than shown on the taskboard. You'll just have to work with this workaround and should ignore the difference. If you keep the launch LK8000 will consider it as the start cylinder and you will be in trouble ;-)

Other paragliding competition flyers and I already adressed these issues, but so far there was no reaction, so we have to just patiently wait and see if a future version will have these features or not :-(

quote:

3.) I can insert the end of speed section?

Unfortunatly not yet. As the 'end of speed section' you will simply have to consider the last cylinder before the goal line/cylinder/sector. In LK8000 currently it isn't possible to set a dedicated 'end of speed section'. Therefore your race time won't show up correctly as the time is only stopped after making the goal and not already when passing the second to last cylinder, which is in fact your 'end of speed section'.

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Edited by - cstampler on 30/04/2016 17:49:44
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2016 :  12:20:24  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to add start of speed we need to change the way we manage task waypoints and check many other things, it is not trivial. Maybe after release of 6.0 we can work on that.
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2016 :  14:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Coolwind,

thanks for your answer, that would be absolutely fantastic! I'll be waiting and hoping...

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2a
Pulcino

Italy
7 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2016 :  08:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

Thanks, thanks, thanks,......

Peter#128512;
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  17:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there,

ok, since Version 6.0 is out now for some time and an update already came out without any changes on the issue mentioned above, do you think it is possible to begin working on it from now on?

Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  19:26:04  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Currently there is enough work pending to make the android version. 6.0 for android is still on the way. Not much time to do anything else I am afraid!!
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2018 :  16:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since more than another year has passed now without any improvements on competition modes for paragliders such as the implementation of for example at least 'SSS' and 'ESS' I wanted to kindly ask again if it would be possible to forward these issues soon?

Would be highly appreciated, since the 2018 competition season is about to begin...

Thanks & regards.

Edited by - cstampler on 13/01/2018 16:09:29
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  22:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since over another year has passed now I‘d like to ask once more if there are plans to improve racing features like mentioned above?

Thanks & regards

Edited by - cstampler on 11/04/2019 22:22:27
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  02:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've added "Circle ESS" long time ago for have right optimized path to ESS, the only "in flight" real problem.

Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2019 :  18:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh come on, I elaborated on that way before. Optimized until ESS? You must be kidding, if you rely on this you won't make it to goal and run short resulting in a not completed task. Totally useless. Furthermore: what's up with SSS? My request is three years ago now...

Would be so much appreciated if only the paraglidng race features would be implemented at last. Any chance in this life?

Regards.

Go to Top of Page

Slople
Pulcino

8 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2019 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Visit Slople's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch! This is really a bummer... :-(
I wanted to switch from XCS to LK8000 due to FAI triangle optimizer, but this problem will prevent a real use in comps...
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2019 :  11:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i see only to problem in all this thread :
- before takeoff when you enter the task, you don't see task distance including takeoff to Start and you need to add it yourself to check the taskboard distance.
- after landing when you look task statistics, task time include time from ESS to goal...

we have real problem if SSS are not the takeoff or next turnpoint after takeoff, but i've never seen that...

anyway, this two feature are in todo list but not with hight priority.

@Slople: how do you manage SSS and ESS in XCS ?

Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  09:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
-before takeoff when you enter the task, you don't see task distance including takeoff to Start and you need to add it yourself to check the taskboard distance.

I am glad you have this on your to do list! I too hope this will be implemented soon. Checking the total distance is an efficient way of confirming that the task has been entered correctly.
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2019 :  14:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

we have real problem if SSS are not the takeoff or next turnpoint after takeoff, but i've never seen that...

In most paragliding comps I've attended so far the SSS was not the takeoff but the next turnpoint. However, after entering the waypoints it requires to erase the take off cylinder later to check if the distances are correct. It is possible to use LK8000 with this workaround - yes. But avoiding this unnecessary fumbling during the high tension & concentration phase while preparing yourself for a comp task would be gratefully appreciated...

Regarding the second issue: You are right, this is only about the time stats, which is not essential as the path is optimized all the way to the goal line which shouldn't cause any problem as for example resulting in running short. I was wrong on that in my upper posting. Sorry, my mistake.

Edited by - cstampler on 28/04/2019 17:34:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy