PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 and PAW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cloudsun9
Pulcino

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2016 :  15:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will LK8000 be able to process and display NMEA data from this device http://www.pilotaware.com ?
It looks promising for foot launchers.

Cloudsun9

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2016 :  18:57:18  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who knows? In the front page they say that the protocol is public, and originally it was also declared to be open source some months ago.
But I cannot find the protocol.
In any case, it depends if it becomes widely used, like for any other device, or if an LK developer adopts it.
Nothing new.

p.s.
reading their forum, it looks like they are simply transcoding to FLARM sentences, so it should already be supported in such case.

Edited by - Coolwind on 13/02/2016 19:01:02
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2016 :  23:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote them a couple of months ago, and they answered me: At the moment we have not integrated with the Vertica V2 GPS running LK8000 navigation software however if you keep an eye on the PilotAware Forum this may be implemented by us or others over the forthcoming months.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy