PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 V2 Screen brightness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  19:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only just noticed this, but with my V2 on the desk, with the desktop showing, so it is nothing to do with LK8000, charging via the USB, after about 1 minute of no use, the screen brightness dims considerably. Comes back to full brightness at a touch. It is like the iPAQ 31* series before Paolo did a fix.
Anyone else noticed this, and is there a way to stop it, because I can't find anything?

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  23:24:43  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you already checked the system parameter for brightness? I remember it is similar to any other PDA-PNA, there is a timeout.
By the way, I discovered an important issue about cables to feed power to V2.
Most cables are too thin internally to let 3-4W go by. With an ampmeter on USB i noticed that some cables behave like resistors (which is normal of course) and will not allow 0.7A to pass through.
This is valid also for tablets, etc.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2015 :  00:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I checked all the settings, there were no timeouts set, as I only ever use it connected to external power. However, while I was doing that something went badly wrong, and I lost the desktop, and got a message that the gps wasn't working.I've had to re-install the firmware, not the first time, and all systems seem OK now, and the screen no longer dims. Something must have got corrupted, fortunately not a big job to re do the firmware.
BTW I have found some users a bit confused over the power that the V2 takes, the .7 amps you mention is of course at 5v, some think it is taking that out of a 12v battery, which of course it is not, it's only about 350ma allowing for some losses in the converter, so it is better to minimise the length of the 5v lead as losses are proportional to current squared. I know that you know that Paolo.

Edited by - davesalmon on 12/11/2015 08:30:36
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2015 :  16:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to have found the cure, even if not the problem. As I said there were no timeouts set, and never have been. I noticed that it only switched the backlight off when connected to external power, so went into Settings Backlight yet again, ticked the empty tick box and set it to switch off the backlight after 1 min, which is what was happening, then unticked the box again. Problem apparently solved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy