PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Soartronic Bluetooth and IOIO interface modules
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hytsky
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2015 :  13:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear LK8000 users,

Soartronic devices are developed to allow low cost connection with FLARMs to show traffic information on moving map. Development started after a mid-air collision in competition, which could have been avoided. Later use of Soartronic devices was expanded to allow communication with other devices as well, like variometers and loggers. Connection with pressure sensors is also possible.

Soartronic makes Bluetooth connection modules to connect FLARM devices over Bluetooth with any Bluetooth capable PNA.

We also make interface boards which are used together with IOIO card. IOIO card is like a multiplexer, which can connect up to 4 RS232 serial UART's and some sensors with navigation program. Since LK8000 will soon work on LINUX platform, it is likely that IOIO can be used for communication, and for powering your LINUX based devices over USB cable.

More information is found from www.soartronic.com and facebook.com/soartronic.

More about IOIO:https://github.com/ytai/ioio/wiki

Hytsky
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2015 :  21:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And we are happy to donate our Soartronic IOIO UART interfaces to developers working with the IOIO interface for LINUX, or other, devices. If you are interested, pls let us know soartronic @ gmail . com
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2015 :  01:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
..right now I am fighting against glyphs on linux.. I think it is a bit too early for new hardware support.
Go to Top of Page

Hytsky
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2015 :  20:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Understood.

However, when you are ready, there is a large number of gliders with IOIO and Soartronic interface already installed, and it is a proven solution for both charging and data transfer.
Go to Top of Page

D-2402
Pulcino

Germany
26 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  14:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can only agree w/ hytsky. Would love to see the IOIO board supported by LK8000

cheers
Torsten

Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. AT&T is a modem test command.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  18:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe Bruno already contacted Soartronic, or we can do it now.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  20:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i already work on IOIO, i have IOIO otg, support of uart are almost finished, for support of others feature of Soartnoronic Board, i need board, contact me in PM ...

Best
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2019 :  18:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my Swiss Flarm connected to a Soartronic BT1, that is also connected to my Ilec SN10b, so that Flarm provides it's gps source. The BT1 sends the Flarm data to my Nokia 8 running LK8000. The SN10 will also output this Flarm data, with additional sentences like wind and polar details via a 9 pin D sub, it actually only needs the single Tx connection. I don't need to send data (declarations) back to Flarm.
How can I send the two data streams so that LK8000 receives them by Bt, mainly to get external wind?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy