PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Accessing comport from code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  17:29:13  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
understand. yes conversion table is an idea
Go to Top of Page

Jaros
Pulcino

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2015 :  21:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaaaaf
Still not working for now on my GoFly, but nmea strings are sent.

Hi,
Sorry for my absence, but I am back. I already sent email to jaaaaf pointing out possible issue.
I would like to stay away from custom drivers and things like that.
Today it is goflyv4, tomorrow it might be goflyv5, or bluearduinofly v39.
I am not proud of my solution which was done dirty way in my xcsoar build, just to fulfill multiple requests from pilots who needed this asap for competition.
Idea that should work for everybody who loves LK8000 and want to make external devices and not just for my projects is to create "generic notification output protocol". We are wasting time for another custom protocol, which sooner or later might be obsolete.
I sent email before, to use already existing sound files name convention. As we know, there is multiple WAV sound files used by LK8000 and I do not think that this will change anytime soon.
We could use the same file names for string outputs, to play similar sounds on external device.
For example, if lk8000 has to play LK_LANDING.WAV file, let's send at the same moment string with file name over serial output with checksum,for example:
$LK_LANDING.WAV*71

This method will allow to have diversity in external devices, and everybody can handle them anyway they want, but everything will be based on the same notification source.

my two cents
regards
Jarek
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2015 :  00:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totaly agree, we need solutions for all device, not only one, in any case it's the goal ...
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2015 :  20:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. Its nice to say that we need it. But who and when will implement it? I have to say that I am not able to do it now during the season :/ sorry. But it would be still nice to have sound alarms in e-reader based instruments...
Go to Top of Page

jaaaaf
Pulcino

France
81 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2015 :  20:33:39  Show Profile  Visit jaaaaf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I actually work on it.
But weather was good this week end and I flew instead of working on it, sorry...
Hope to do it soon, but plenty of thing to do.

Jack, competition paragliding pilot _LK8000 on V2, V3, V4, ..._
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy