PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 how to create DEM files for LK8000 for any region?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  20:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I tried to build DEM file using GlobalMapper with SRTM layers available in the net.

LK8000 always crashes once I set new DEM file. (Memory could not be "Read")

At the same time DEM files from LK8000 download page could not be opened by GlobalMapper.

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  21:58:37  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
max 10-15 megabytes per dem.
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  06:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, my DEM files are less than 5mb.

I can see one big difference. LK DEM files are binary files.
But files from GlobalMapper are text files.

http://butwhatif.info/lk8000/56n43e.dem

That could make sence why both programs don't understand each other files.
Go to Top of Page

bdserv
Pulcino

26 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  14:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to create my own DEM file as well but without success. Information on the file format seems to be non-existent and there appears to be some reluctance to share it - not sure why that would be.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  17:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lack of time
Go to Top of Page

bdserv
Pulcino

26 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  17:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
lack of time

Good reason!

For my part, I am not looking for detailed step-by-step instructions. Just point me in the right direction, although I realize this may not be possible if, for instance, the file is compressed using a customized algorithm or something similar.

At any rate, if I was to be successful I would be happy to take the time to write up instructions if that was something that would be desirable.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  19:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cannot dedicate time to support map creation right now, but I can provide you with the SRTM tools I have been using.
They are in perl and C language, so you need the C compiler at least.
I spent a lot of time in 2009-2010 , and I am sorry my memory is like a swiss cheese since some time.
Please contact me via email and we can arrange a skype voice meeting, so I try my best to let you understand (AND WRITE DOWN DOCS!).
paolo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy