PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 LK8000: Road to Linux
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2015 :  19:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bug is fixed in current master branch.
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2015 :  16:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Somethng is happening tome, with Kobo Mini or Kobo Touch:
From time to time, without anything done, screen changes, as if I touch to change a multimap.
With multimaps turned off, screen changes to information page.
This happens from time to time, no special reason, no matter in cold or heated cockpit.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2015 :  16:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will check thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2015 :  12:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Please check also this:
In a Task, I select the strip button that shows me velocity in the Task.
When circling in a thermal, screen passes to thermal and strip too.
When returning back to cruise, ribbon does not comes back to Task.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2015 :  14:25:11  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I could see myself that sometimes on Kobo there is a self-action on the user interface.
It does not happen on linux or on PC, so it is certainly due to the touch detection in the device.
sometimes the page switched while I was actually shadowing the bottom bar with the finger without touching it.

On PC I could go back to the previous page after entering and exiting thermal mode, as usual.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2015 :  22:48:42  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I notice that Kobo is really sensitive compared to a PNA device.
Go to Top of Page

andydasmith
Pulcino

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  16:46:06  Show Profile  Visit andydasmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same over-sensitivity is being reported on the XCSoar forum. I've been using a Kobo mini for 3 yrs and originally had problems with screen freezing, mostly on hot days. I updated the Kobo firmware at the beginning of this year (by connecting to the Kobo website) and since then I've had no freezes but many instances of random display switching. I'm not too bothered by this as its less of a problem than freezing. I've not updated the XCSoar s/w so I think the changed behaviour is from Kobo
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  17:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
During Spanish Nationals and Castilla La Mancha regionals, I had the chance to test for more times and longer flights.
My impressions are:
- Generally, it is fast, graphics and moving map are enoughly fast;
- As reported before, screens change from time to time, passing to a multimap view or a infopage. I believe it's not due to shade, I pass a finger shade and nothing happens. My solution was to turn off all multimaps and infopages;
- I would like to configure ribbons info, to create one with the info I believe that I need.
My needs as a glider pilot may differ from others like paraglider pilots, Ex, I do not need a vario (even in Nano I have it turned off), but navigation, task info with map, times with AAT optimization and for the speed task the possibility to have 2 sectors (size and angle) for the same turnpoint.
Conclusion: it worked OK during all days. Kobo, far from being the perfect device, works enoughly nice, so I this year I neve used again the M400.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  20:28:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What LK version were you using, Joao?
For the false click detection, I have to test a solution in next beta.
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  01:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm running 5.3A3

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  15:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we are now at 5.3d official.
A3 was still an alpha version.
The 5.3d has got tons of improvements and new features.

Edited by - Coolwind on 08/07/2015 15:25:22
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2015 :  12:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I will check it and verify if the problem presists.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  10:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Tested with the new version.
Just to test I just put active multimaps.
And yes, from time to time screen changes.
Besides that, fast and reliable.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

Enders13
Pulcino

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  15:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Enders13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I flew with it for 4 hours on sunday, 53d. I had some random screen changes early in the flight but my radio lead was touching he screen (paraglider with radio in pocket and leads to helmet) I moved the lead and tucked it away and go no more random screen changes.

I'm assuming there was some minor electrical EMF that was triggering it.

Very happy so far and with a 3600MAH battery installed, after 4.5 hours I had over 60% battery left, this is including a Bluefly vario with the vario sound turned off.

Just installed 5.3e0 but not sure what the improvements are.

Edited by - Enders13 on 11/08/2015 15:36:16
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  16:44:07  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do not fly with versions ending with 0 after the letter: it means early alpha, work in progress. It could have any kind of problems.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy