PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Removing top- and bottom bar on HX4700
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Patriq Backlund
Pulcino

Norway
45 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  09:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi !

I hope there are some who use or used the HX4700 and can help me with a user problem. After a few minutes of flight my HX4700 when untouched switches to a screen saver/ slideshow. When I touch the screen and LK8000 returns - there is a top- and bottom bar on the screen. The bottom bar covers all bottom buttons, making it impossible to access important functions. ( I have a screenshot I can share )

Now, I've read user manuals, gone through and tried all imaginable settings on it, search the web. But for the love of my life, I just can't find out either why it does this, or how to remove it ! This is utterly annoying !!

Does any one have a clue or solution for me ? The software, now with new features in v 5, is just fantastic !!

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  10:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be DockWare. Go into Programs, open Dockware, when it opens do a long press on the screen to bring up the Options, and stop it working automatically.
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  10:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

This may be DockWare. Go into Programs, open Dockware, when it opens do a long press on the screen to bring up the Options, and stop it working automatically.

I confirm this suggestion.
Also, it has to be done everytime the device resets (e.g.: change or full discharge of main battery).

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3
Go to Top of Page

Patriq Backlund
Pulcino

Norway
45 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  11:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - thanks !

I opened Dockware, and unchecked it. I'll see how it works now.
Is it Dockware that also runs the bars at top and bottom ?
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  12:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patriq Backlund

Ah - thanks !

I opened Dockware, and unchecked it. I'll see how it works now.
Is it Dockware that also runs the bars at top and bottom ?

Apparently, when this utmost annoying software shows up, it takes control of the OS, so that, if you click on the screen to make it disappear, the bars keep showing ... and override LK commands.
I hate it.

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  15:39:31  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too. Hateful docware!
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  16:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I had my HX4700 a few years ago, I installed a custom ROM with a stripped down version of windows mobile 5 which had all this anoying shit removed. LK8000 worked much better (snappier, responding quicker to commands, much more stable).. Use google to find these ROM's, I will check my files when I get back home, If I still have it I will share it here.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Patriq Backlund
Pulcino

Norway
45 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  16:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all!

The suggestion was the solution. I flew for a little more than 3 hrs without problems!

Marco - please share any more info on those ROM's ! I'm a DIY'er, so I'd be interrested in trying that out.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  00:01:46  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patriq Backlund

Thanks all!

The suggestion was the solution. I flew for a little more than 3 hrs without problems!

Marco - please share any more info on those ROM's ! I'm a DIY'er, so I'd be interrested in trying that out.

http://www.spiaatiesroms.com/

I am using the 6.5 with no issues
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  21:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I also used windows Mobile 6 in the end and is the only ROM I could find on my harddrive. I have put a copy on Dropbox for you to download. All I remember this one worked very well

it is a zipfile, for instructions read the README.TXT file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbnq6yuq7vttc2s/WM6_4700_0_7_0_RELEASE4.rar

With the instructions above I also have tried this one, I do not remember if this one was good or not. Just replace the files with the same extensions with the ones in this zipfile and repeat the process.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4426sxf1gv47w7/SL61V3.zip

Well, you have a few options now, I hope you find one that works for you :)

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  22:18:29  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I donated to have them, feel free to ask which one you want me to share :)

Go to Top of Page

Patriq Backlund
Pulcino

Norway
45 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  19:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all! I've downloaded Marco's and will give them a try. By the way, I have a cursor (guided by the pad) that I just can't seem to get t I disappear. Anyone know the drill....?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  20:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go into Settings Synaptics NavPoint.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  23:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marco, thought I'd give it a try on my old 4700, so downloaded your file and unzipped, but nothing happens when trying to run Create_SD__ROM. Trying the other method, there is no option to choose the port, just Port 2. Could it be incompatible with W7.
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  02:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea, vaguely I remember I had similar problems, but got it working in the end. Did you establish an Active Sync connection before putting it into Bootloader??

OK, other way I remember also worked is hacking the official HP ROM update utility :)

This is the official HP ROM update utility..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udmyc0r3e80bzpr/sp33318.exe

Run it with the HX4700 DISconnected from your computer, it will install the program on your computer in C:\IPAQ\SP33318 (after install it will try to find the HX4700.. which fails of course, just cancel at the end to leave the program)

Then replace the official ROM, CEOS_UPD.nbf with the .nbf provided in the other zipfile.

Then connect the HX4700 to your computer, make sure it is connected via Active Sync (or whatever it is called these days) Then double click hpRUU.exe and follow the instructions.

I hope this works, because I have no posibility to verify or try myself.. I do not have my HX4700 anymore.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  09:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Giving up Marco, I was only trying out of curiosity, as I don't use the 4700 any more. I can't make anything work, with the original method, nothing happens, and when you try the hacking method, it says it is the wrong ROM and will not go any further.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy