| Cari amici:
nel seguito, Valéria Caselato, Presidente della Federazione Brasiliana di Volo a Vela, ci informa sul primo Campionato Brasiliano di Volo a Vela Simulato.
Vi auguro dei bei voli (anche simulati!),
Le principali informazioni le trovate qui:
Questo il suo messaggio ai delegati FAI-IGC:
Dear Delegates and Friends,
Condor competitions are a very powerful training tool for real-world gliding pilots. The number of competition pilots that take part in virtual contests seeking tactical training, familiarization with particular sites (mountain flying) and enhance flight computer proficiency is continuously growing. Since 2015 FBVV the Brazilian Gliding Federation had given thoughts about including a virtual championship in its annual competition calendar. The needed push came when attending to FAI Vice President Alvaro Orleans Borbon speech during the Second Pan American Gliding Championship in Argentina (December 2017). He told us that a virtual gliding championship organized by FAI was one of his wishful projects.
We decided to give it a try in Brazil. There is a strong virtual gliding community in Brazil and they were very enthusiastic about the project since the start. Rene Queiroz, Eduardo Campolina, Paulo Menezes and Cristiano Conrado among others helped a lot FBVV in creating the rules and calendar for the championship. Nonetheless a Brazilian Championship it was decided to open the competition to virtual pilots from all countries. Almost every week there were racing or AAT tasks totaling 20 competitions.
Only sceneries from Brazilian real-world flying sites were used for the tasks. 72 virtual pilots from 16 countries participated, and real-world pilots also took part in the competition. The Championship was located in the Condor Club (http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=296 ).
The script of the 1st FBVV Virtual Soaring Brazilian Championship
We are going to fly in mainly in Brazil and some areas around South America
- 2 training days: Tuesday 03/04/2018 and Thursday 12/04/2018 at 21:00 BRT (24:00 UTC)
- 20 races: from Tuesday 17/04/2018 to Tuesday 04/09/2018 at 21:00 BRT (24:00 UTC).
TASKS AND SETTINGS:
- AAT, racing and regatta
- Glider: depending on the task: Standard, 15-meters, 18-meters, Open class are planned
- Join time 20 minutes, race start: 3 minutes after join time end, start window open for 60 minutes;
- For regatta tasks - join time 20minutes start from the air, race start:10 minutes after join time ends
- Start line, finish line and turn points: alt/width depending on the tasks
- Briefing - full: 60 minutes before the race
- Only after mid-air collision is "Q" recovery possible
- Thermaling turn in start area (10 km) - left
- Plane icons range: generally up to 4 km
- Turnpoint helpers range : 0 km
- The winner of each task can score a maximum of 1000 points
- 10 best results of each pilot will count towards the final result
- Cloud flying: 60 points/minute.
- Outland in task: points for distance.
- Crash: scored with 0 points
- Missing FTR: scored with 0 points
The champion turned out to be Brian Camps from Argentina and the Prize Award Giving happened together with the 60° Brazilian Gliding Championship (real championship) on September 29th in Bebedouro (photos). The Virtual Gliding Champions besides the trophies were gifted with flights in an ASK 21. They were very enthusiastic about the flights.
In 2019 we are willing to make the virtual championship bigger giving it a Pan American status. We are asking for the support of the IGC delegates to turn this virtual contest an official FAI event and inviting all of you to replicate the initiative on your own countries. It generates very needed publicity and Divulgation for our sport, besides being a powerful training tool and a way to bring much needed young new pilots to gliding.
FBVV is very proud of pioneering this effort and our next step is to stimulate most of the Brazilian gliding clubs to build flight simulators that will serve as primary flight instruction tools and also for competing in virtual contests. So far we have already two clubs with their simulators working: Aeroclube de Voo a Vela CTA and Aeroclube de Tatuí.
President of Brazilian Gliding Federation
IGC Delegate of Brazil