PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 New infobox - Cylinder Arrival Altitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vsoljan
Pulcino

Croatia
15 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2018 :  13:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In gliding competitions the finish is usually set as a 3km cylinder at the airport waypoint. Minimum finish altitude is also usually given. So it is important to finish the task above the safety altitude, but not too high (at the cylinder perimeter). Arrival altitude above the finish waypoint is not important in this case, as the safety finish altitude at the cylinder perimeter gives you enough height to land safely. I always struggle to get this cylinder perimeter "edge" altitude right, and the point of flight computer should be to calculate this value for us. Therefore, it would be very useful to have an infobox with arrival altitude at the cylinder perimeter as the closest point at the cylinder circle from the current position.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vinko

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2018 :  22:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your question has been asked before, I found this on Github, but it is unclear to me now if it has been fixed or not.

https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1125

Reading above Github thread it is not clear to me if everything has been fixed now.

Could Bruno shed some light on this? For me this is also an important issue. It has been discussed now and then the last few years, the issue is quite clear, but how LK8000 has been changed to deal with it is still a bit vague.

Last post in the github thread is from May 9 this year, which was about the time Mr. Coolwind got ill.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

vsoljan
Pulcino

Croatia
15 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2018 :  13:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that in version 7 "distance to turnpoint radius" infobox was added. I guess it should be easy to calculate arrival altitude for that distance and add "turnpoint radius arrival altitude" infobox now?

Best regards,
Vinko
Go to Top of Page

vsoljan
Pulcino

Croatia
15 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2020 :  07:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any news regarding this request? This is really needed for gliding competitions.
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy