PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Next Distance calc for non-task targets? (NOBUG)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  20:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using LK 6.1j on Kobo Aura 2 with LX Nano as GPS signal.

Using 'Next Distance' for on screen overlay (from Aux info boxes). When the current task ("T>") waypoint is selected, distance provided is accurate. When using Multi-Target menu and selecting any other target besides Task ("T>"), the distance does not change.

I think this is a bug. I believe the distance should re-calculate for the selected target, yes? Or, am I using the wrong parameter?

Brad Alston

Edited by - AlphaLima on 04/05/2018 18:22:12

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  23:09:42  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the Waypoint T> is pointing? maybe same as AUX?
Go to Top of Page

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  20:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No matter which waypoint I select from the waypoint list (Nav->Waypoint Lookup->Go To) or have as the next waypoint of a task (these will show as the "T>" waypoint target), the distance for "Next Distance" being displayed as an overlay (from InfoBox Auxiliary parameter 4...which is what I am using for my Left Top overlay value) is accurate.

However, when I set Alternates to some other waypoint than either the selected "go to" or current task waypoint, and select an Alternate using Multi Target selection (either "1>" or "2>" targets), distance does not recalculate to the selected Alternate...stays as calculated for the current "T>" target. Same behavior for either "Fly" or "Sim" mode.

I hope that is making sense?

Brad Alston
Go to Top of Page

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2018 :  03:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upgraded to LK 6.1r...same result.

Brad Alston
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2018 :  10:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Next Distance' from Aux info boxes are always related to next turmpoint in task.

Distance to turnpoint related to select multitarget is top right overlay value ( displayed just bellow turpoint name if you are in portrait )
Go to Top of Page

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2018 :  23:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah...that was the secret. Thank you for helping me understand the difference!

Brad Alston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy