PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK8000 on Android
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2018 :  19:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not like phones, but just want to carry it as a spare in case.
Can someone please explain to me how to get the data files into LK8000, which is installed on the phone SD card.
Somehow I have managed to get the maps in and selected. When I try for waypoints in LKMaps all I can get is airports. I have copied the waypoint file from my V2 into the correct folder with the phone coupled to my computer, but even though the file is there it does not show up for selection in Config. Similarly in LKLMaps there doesn't seem to be any UK airspace, and again, when my airspace file is copied in it doesn't show up to select.
Help please!

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2018 :  19:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have to connect to internet (WIFI) and after you selected the file you want, you need to close and restart LK (works fine with me)
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2018 :  19:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you simply copied the V2 LK8000 folders to the phone SD card, this wont work of course

On my phone (nexus 5X) the LK8000 folder is located at storage>emulated>0>LK8000 and then the _maps and _airspace etc folders are there, the files that are in _Airspaces all show up in LK800 app.

I use the app "ES file explorer" to move files from my Google drive or dropbox to the internal memory of my phone (nexus 5x does not have an SD card), its a bit finding your way in this app, but its very versatile to move files around.. (btw ONLY needed with LK8000.. but I understand they are working on an Importing feature, so these nerdy skills are no longer required and everything can be managed from within LK8000)

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2018 :  22:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I did BravoLima. Tried to download via LKMaps, but the files aren't there for UK airspace and waypoints.
Pity you cannot just copy and paste the files, you can with X....r, and it works fine. Don't like the program though.
Because it's my wife's old phone with not much storage, I need it on the card. I did have it on the internal memory some time ago, copied and pasted no problem, but not it seems on the card.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2018 :  00:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when you start LK8000 for the first time LK8000 folder and subflolder are created, after that you can copy your files in this folder, nothing more ...

Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2018 :  08:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I expected, unfortunately on my phone it doesn.t seem to work. The folders are there, I put the files in, as one normally does, but they don't show up in Config to select. Except the two map files did.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2018 :  09:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

That is what I expected, unfortunately on my phone it doesn.t seem to work. The folders are there, I put the files in, as one normally does, but they don't show up in Config to select. Except the two map files did.

what is your phone ?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2018 :  14:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An old Moto E.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2018 :  16:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Managed it. Had to move LK back to the internal. Even then could not copy files back from SD card to internal, had to copy them from the V2. Very strange. Now have move it back to the SD card, and so far seems OK.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy