PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LXNav S100 - LK8000 task Declaration failed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Alessandro_1978
Pulcino

18 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  13:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tested the LXNav S100 linked via BT to LK8000 installed on Naviter Oudie forn a while.
BT link works perfectly: the link is bi-directional (i can change MC, ballast, etc from both); i can see flarm traffic and get baro altitude as well.

i tryed all the LX drivers (like LXV7_xxx, LX16xx, etx) but after declaring the task, appears the message "logger not found"

i did tryed to link S100 to TopHat installed on my mobile (android version) using LXNAV standard driver and i can declare the task with easy.

is there a way to solve the declaration issue?

Alessandro

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  00:00:39  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The S100 has a Nano3 compatible internal logger. So you should use the Noano3 driver for Task declaration.
Go to Top of Page

phil_atkin
Pulcino

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  13:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"you should use the N[o]ano3 driver for Task declaration". How?
I have the same hardware configuration as the OP (except that I'm using wired connections because I've had lots of RFI problems with Bluetooth).
Can you say what devices I should have set up so that I can have communications with the S100 vario functions (MC, ballast etc) AND task declaration to the logger AND use the internal GPS as a fallback?
I currently have the LXV7 driver, then Internal, then Nano3 (on the same COM port as the LXV7). When I declare the task, I first see an error message headed "NINC", saying "Error! Task NOT declared! Unknown Error", then LK8000 goes on to successfully declare to the Nano3.
What is "NINC", and how can I avoid this message? How can I fall back to the Internal GPS - it doesn't seem to do this at present?
Thanks
Phil
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  17:25:28  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry I don't have a S100 for testing.

All I know that it has a Nano3 compatible Logger included. So it is actually a 2in1 device.
So for declaration please try the Nano3 driver only, does that work?
After declaration return to the V7 driver.
If this works, you meight use different Configurations for it, on startup as a work arround.

Anyway I'm currenctly working on an universal driver for the future:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1308

I can send you a test version, if you send me a PM (what Device are you using?)

Edited by - AlphaLima on 07/04/2019 17:34:52
Go to Top of Page

phil_atkin
Pulcino

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  18:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - I've sent an Email.
Is the idea of the 'universal' driver that it provides both vario and declaration/logger communications with the S100 in a single device?
I should say that the current configuration (A=LXV7,B=Internal,C=LX Nano 3) seems to work for vario and declaration/logging except for the extra error message when declaring, and I'm not sure that the fallback to internal GPS works. I don't have any information about how LK8000 treats multiple devices, particularly if/when their functionality overlaps - is this documented anywhere?
Phil
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  21:33:32  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote

It is simple,
prioritizing works from A =highest to F =lowest priority, prioritizing works for GPS only.
Another prioritizing is Baro following this table (scrol down):
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/lx16xx-support.html

Yes the new driver is intended to have it all in one device driver and be able to turn off/in/out/inout for every single value.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 07/04/2019 21:36:00
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  09:16:11  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil_atkin

I should say that the current configuration (A=LXV7,B=Internal,C=LX Nano 3) seems to work for vario and declaration/logging except for the extra error message when declaring.
Phil

So everything works as expected (except for the error message), and the task was correctly declared?

I need the runtime.log to find the reason for it.
Go to Top of Page

phil_atkin
Pulcino

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  12:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't downloaded the IGC file from the S100 to check that all the details were correct, but certainly the task entered on the LK8000 was transferred to the S100 and showed on the 'Task' page there.

Runtime.log: I can't see a way to upload files to the forum, but I've saved a file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozMQHbSWTCpgZ84COhx9cNVTi1OHA

The final run in the file is on a PC, but the previous included several apparently-successful attempts to declare the task to the S100, albeit with the error message from NINC.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  12:52:37  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Phil,
you have a fairly low baudrate of 9k6. I'd like recomend to use 19k2.
Could you please try the "LXV7 easy" driver instead ot the V7 driver?

Did you get the mail with the driver testversion? (mind your spamfilter)
AL

Edited by - AlphaLima on 08/04/2019 12:53:16
Go to Top of Page

phil_atkin
Pulcino

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  13:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I'll increase the Baud rate.
I'm happy to try anything you like, although I'd appreciate it if you could explain why, or how you think it might change things. For example, what is the difference between LXV7 and LXV7 Easy?
Should I have all 3 drivers (LXV7 Easy, LX Nano 3, Internal) in that order?

Yes, I got the mail with the 'universal' driver from Ulli. I've also asked him to explain what he wants me to test, how to configure, etc!
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  15:16:35  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The V7 driver receives data from but does not send data to the Device.
Just want to test if the send messages of the V7 driver disturbs the task declaration.
For the test better turn off the internal GPS driver at the beginning.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 11/04/2019 16:17:58
Go to Top of Page

Mosiadz
Pulcino

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2019 :  20:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first post on this forum so hello all :)

I have similar problem but with task declaration on FlarmBat. My LK8000 see FlarmBat device (FLARM, baro and GPS works perfectly) but only task declaration gives error message "Error! Task NOT declared! Unknown Error".
I was trying do it in LK8000 by Nav -> Edit task -> Declare.
The configuration is A=LX Nano3, B=Internal.
If you have some solution please help :)

Pawel
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2019 :  20:46:03  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We don't have any information about this device nor the logger protocol. Maybe be a FLARM compatible device, have you tried the Generic driver?
Go to Top of Page

Mosiadz
Pulcino

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2019 :  21:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't try Generic device. I will try.
Is it possible to make proper task declaration using Config -> Start logger in LK8?

Pawel
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2019 :  18:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you guys check they the RX wire at the FLARM side between the FLARM and FLARM display is cut?! If not the display will interfere with the declaration. Some pilots have a dedicated switch to temporary cut this wire to be able to declare a task.

Normally it is wire #2 in a RJ12 (6 pins) IGC cable

Check out post #14 in this thread:

https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8614

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Mosiadz
Pulcino

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  17:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I checked LK8 and FlarmBat using Generic device and the declaration is not working.
I have FlarmBat without separate display. No wires connected to it.

Pawel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy