PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Vario Info Oscilating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Milton
Pulcino

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  00:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to avoid the GPS altimetry error I´ve tried to use an external Garmin Etrex (Baro Capsule available) connected through a serial port to LK8000. My surprise was that the result was worth. I connected the Garmin using the serial cable to the OLDIE2 Lite, in another test I´ve used a BlueTooth adapter connected to the Garmin and the BT port of the OLDIE2, and finally I used the Etrex/BT adapt and run LK8000 at a tablet (ANDROID).
In all the testes the LK8000 vario jumps +/- 10m/s while the Garmin panel shows +/- 2 m/S.
What can I do to get a smoother vario information?
Regards,
Milton

Milton Soares

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  01:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Garmin do not send out vario, only baro pressure altitude if I remember correctly.
What speed are you using on etrex serial output? below 9600 you do get sync problems for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Milton
Pulcino

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  14:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For sure, Etrex Vista has serial output speed limited to 4800. And the symptoms seems to be related with sync!
Do you can suggest any external GPS with baro altitude and adequate serial speed?
Regards
Milton

Milton Soares
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  19:14:56  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try to configure the etrex to send out nmea sentences correctly every second. I remember it was possible on old Garmin units.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy