PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Trafic on LK 8000 and Android
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Swap
Pulcino

France
17 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2017 :  23:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Can we have the trafic on LK8000 using phone only ? (No Flarm)

I saw a method but it doesn't work for me (maybe it only works for Kobo..)

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  13:46:53  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://glidertracker.de/hub/
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  13:48:45  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
flarm transmit encrypted data on 860mhz . There are two ways of receiving data: by decoding the radio signals with FFT or by letting this decoding done by dedicated hardware such as the Nordic chips.
Either ways require then decryption of the packets (not obvious).
Probably the simplest approach would be to connect to OGN and receive the traffic by Internet. But this does not always work in flight.
Go to Top of Page

Swap
Pulcino

France
17 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  14:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ parapenT1sta : I already use glidertracker and did not see trafic (I use 2 accounts to test)..
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  16:52:52  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did you read this topic http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8622 ?
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  20:04:23  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you register to livetrack24 with the same username/password as glidertracker, you'll get the positions of the other LT24 users.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2017 :  11:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to get names or other ID for the FLARM/livetrack24 objects om the map? I just started using livetrack24 with LK8000 and it's very cool! But it seems there is no way to know who is who even though only a limited number of livetrack24 "friends" are displayed.

In the iOS app Flyskyhy you can add livetrack24 users from within the app and assign different colours to the markers. Something to consider for LK8000?

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2017 :  04:13:12  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bo., yes with glidertracker hub.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2017 :  22:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok! I'll look into it!
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2017 :  12:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a look and registered at the hub and 3OGN. Before I spend more time on this, perhaps I could ask if my understanding so far is correct.

It seems glidertracker hub and OGN can be set up to display my chosen ID on an online tracking map. But this will not change how FLARM/LT24/OGN objects are displayed in LK8000? Is this correct?

What I proposed was a way to differentiate the objects shown in LK8000. Now they seem to be shown in random colours.

As mentioned, an iOS app, Flyskyhy, has this functionality of adding objects and manually assigning colours to these objects.

Thanks for any clarifications!
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2017 :  21:57:23  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bo.

I have had a look and registered at the hub and 3OGN. Before I spend more time on this, perhaps I could ask if my understanding so far is correct.

It seems glidertracker hub and OGN can be set up to display my chosen ID on an online tracking map. But this will not change how FLARM/LT24/OGN objects are displayed in LK8000? Is this correct?

Correct!

quote:

What I proposed was a way to differentiate the objects shown in LK8000. Now they seem to be shown in random colours.

you can replace the Flarm Id (or OGN Id) by a real name using the OGN databse:
http://ddb.glidernet.org/

quote:

As mentioned, an iOS app, Flyskyhy, has this functionality of adding objects and manually assigning colours to these objects.

Thanks for any clarifications!

If you are talking about FLARM Object inside LK8000 you can give them own names and competition signs, colors are reserved for visualizing climb/sinkrate.

http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6371&SearchTerms=FLARM,Object

Edited by - AlphaLima on 01/08/2017 13:05:07
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  10:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks AlphaLima! I'm understanding these functions better now. I am quite fluent in LK8000 but as a paraglider pilot I never paid much attention to FLARM.

Yes I am talking about FLARM objects inside LK8000. I was a bit confused about this, but it turns out the FLARM specific multimaps and info pages are only displayed when an actual FLARM unit is connected (or in SIM mode with traffic turned on).

As me and my friends are paraglider pilots we dont use actual FLARM units, but now that LK8000 is available for Android,
livetrack24 is very convenient and also allows use across different platforms. So the functions that are reserved for real FLARM should probably be unlocked for other live tracking systems too.

Paraglider pilots generally have a preference for minimum manual input in LK8000. Probably the best solution would be to display labels directly on the mp without having to go to multimaps or infopages. Being able to select a FLARM/LT24 target from the main map would also be nice.

Sorry for being slow, but about giving names for the labels, is this possible also from inside LK8000 or in the online database only?

Thanks for your patience! :-)

Go to Top of Page

Swap
Pulcino

France
17 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  16:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, so here is my status :

I have 2 accounts on Glidertracker to test the functionality of trafic.

One is configured as this :

User : Swap, Password : test, Aircraft : paraglider, Type : OGN, Address : 280382. Checked active after Saving
I use the same User/PW to connect to LT24, and created an account on OGN and register the adress 280382

The other one is configured as this :

User : Swap3, Password : test, Aircraft : paraglider, Type : OGN, Address : 270382
I use the same User/PW to connect to LT24, and created too an account on OGN to register the adress 270382. Checked active after Saving.

(Password have been changed for security)

Both LT24's account got their own OGN's address.

On Glidertracker live, I can see both planes, on LT24 too, on Skylines too, on Glidernet too.
With Swap3's account, I can see Flarm and Swap's plane on the phone (Great !!)
But, strangely, I don't see Flarm on Swap's account.. (Bad !!)

I tried to invert the account on phones and the problem is the same : Swap3 see Swap but Swap don't see Swap3. So I supposed that phones are not the problem (I tried too between a phone and a tablet, same problem)

I don't understand what happens.. I tried to change password, in Upper case, without Numbers, nothing changed..

And I don't understand which account is bad configured.. Is this Swap or Swap3 ?? I can see me on all tracking sites, so I suppose that this is the information of Swap3's position which not returns to Swap's account.. but why ?? Both accounts are configured same..

Edited by - Swap on 02/08/2017 16:30:44
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  21:57:11  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strange, however the traffic feedback is managed by LT24, maybe the have some optimisations.

How close are the two devices to each other, have you tried a bigger distance?
Please try complete different usernames such as "Alpha" "Beta" for a clear differentiation.
Go to Top of Page

Swap
Pulcino

France
17 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  23:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't try a bigger distance, but what is strange is that I can see one plane, not both.

I can't try another Username, or I must create another account (it will be the fourth. )
Go to Top of Page

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
145 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  06:23:47  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello Swap. Any luck with this issue?

Iīm also trying to see the Flarm on my android and made almost the same procedure than you. I can see the two simulated tracks on the websites but canīt get any of the androids to show the other one, even when crossing paths on the website maps.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy