PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 V2 battery replacement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  10:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My trusty V2 will now only run for about 30 mins on a charge. In a sense not too important as it is always plugged in in flight.Has anyone replaced tthe battery in one, and got any details please?

bambuko
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  13:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's probably the reason you have ruined you battery
(i.e. having it always plugged in - they don't take very kindly to that... I know, I have killed my laptop battery doing this)
:-)
I am assuming, you have seen this post:
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8489

Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  13:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's taken at least 5 years to ruin it, always plugged in in flight, or into my PC, so not complaining. Yes seen that posting, but unfortunately doesn't help. Really wanted to know how to safely take it apart.
Go to Top of Page

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  07:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were two slightly different cases in the V2 but from memory opening the case wasn't any different
Around the screen is thin beveled panel this needs to be carefully removed as it is a little delicate, it clips on the front panel. I can get my thumbnail in and run it around the edge to release the clips.
Once that is off you will see screws in each corner remove those and the case is ready to split, I use my thumbnail again, hard tools like screw driver etc can leave marks in the plastic edge.
Once the case is split, the display is in the front half and connected via a flexible circuit to the pcb in the back half you can carefully unfold the case and get enough room to get to the battery which is glued/dbl side taped to the back panel.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  09:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for that, I'll give it a go.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy