PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 New beta 6.1H for all platforms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  19:32:26  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 6.1G unfortunately had a problem, now fixed in this release.

This is the very first beta for PC, PNA, KOBO since september. We have spent such a great deal of time on Android that we lost focus on the rest of platforms. It takes a lot of time to test, and sometimes we cannot do it. That's why beta versions are released.

In 6.1h there are a lot of very nice improvements over 6.0!!

You need a full installed 6.0 version to upgrade.
If you are using 5.0, then first thing to do is upgrade to 6.0b and then to 6.1H.
ATTENTION: no COMPETITION VERSION for beta release, and no competition version for android!

http://www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-610H-UPGRADE.ZIP

Inside you find files to replace in the LK8000 folder, for PC, PNA PPC2003.
For Kobo, simply unzip the kobo version you want (normal or OTG support) and proceed to copy the .kobo folder in place.

In summary what's up in current branch:

. Airspace Class Glider Sector "GldSec" added (GSEC open airspace, GLIDING OpenAIP)
. Up to 6 devices can now be set in Device configuration
. Aircraft symbols in Aircraft configuration, choose the best for you!
. tracking mode in Pilot configuration
. Android screen orientation in System config p.22
. terrain auto-contrast in System config p.4
. Screen View menus LUMEN +- to make terrain colors lighter or darker in realtime.
(Setting is automatically saved to profile if Save Runtime is enabled in System menu 22).
. Terrain loading, on all platforms you can load any DEM size. No more limits.
. Topology labels use native UTF8 language and symbols
. Android IOIO board support (android only)
Uart 0: pin3=out, pin4=in
Uart 1: pin5=out, pin6=in
Uart 2: pin10=out, pin11=in
Uart 3: pin12=out, pin13=in
. Kernel support for Kobo Touch N905C
. Units feet/minute (ft/min)

PLEASE TRY the new LUMEN function. It is quite good in flight!!

As usual report here any problem, and save the RUNTIME.log for us.
The android 6.1h version has been released on monday too.

The team

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  20:13:37  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks !

Pier Fassina
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  20:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flew briefly with H today, just a short local soaring flight, cb only 700m, so didn't do much with it, but it didn't come up with any problems.
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  10:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

This is the very first beta for PC, PNA, KOBO since september. We have spent such a great deal of time on Android that we lost focus on the rest of platforms. It takes a lot of time to test, and sometimes we cannot do it. That's why beta versions are released.

Does this mean that there will be no official stable versions like 6.0b anymore?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  11:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this is a problem with my phone or LK8000. When LK8000 first came out for Android, it worked OK on my cheap little phone using the internal gps, which I posted about, because it was a bit like the old iPAQ 31* series. Now I can't get it to connect to the Internal, just get No Comport message, but works OK with an external BT gps.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  12:09:13  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There will surely be stable versions, not beta. Beta are prone to unchecked bugs.
The 6.1 stable will be called 6.2 .
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  14:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Not sure if this is a problem with my phone or LK8000. When LK8000 first came out for Android, it worked OK on my cheap little phone using the internal gps, which I posted about, because it was a bit like the old iPAQ 31* series. Now I can't get it to connect to the Internal, just get No Comport message, but works OK with an external BT gps.

no reason, fisrt check if GPS is Enabled if yes, try full reset ( or try to unistall, delete LK8000 folder and reinstall )

what is your device ?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  15:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a Moto E, not used for flying. Found gps had somehow been switched off, so switched on.
Device A Internal, Status GPSfix, Terminal NO DATA RECEIVED, but map shows correct location and height.
Device B Generic, BT Holux, Status Blank nothing showing, Terminal Shows Data stream.
As a double check, switched off the BT so only Internal available, walked down the garden, map shows the movement, but the Terminal still says No Data.
Have now found that my V2 is the same, no data showing in Terminal when using Internal.
Not a problem in use, as they are obviously receiving the data, but strange that Terminal says not.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  16:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

It is a Moto E, not used for flying. Found gps had somehow been switched off, so switched on.
Device A Internal, Status GPSfix, Terminal NO DATA RECEIVED, but map shows correct location and height.
Device B Generic, BT Holux, Status Blank nothing showing, Terminal Shows Data stream.
As a double check, switched off the BT so only Internal available, walked down the garden, map shows the movement, but the Terminal still says No Data.
Have now found that my V2 is the same, no data showing in Terminal when using Internal.
Not a problem in use, as they are obviously receiving the data, but strange that Terminal says not.

internal gps don't use NMEA feeds, so it's normal to don't have anything in "terminal".

Edited by - brunotl on 02/06/2017 17:21:36
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  22:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OWkee, next trip I will start using my Nexus 5X as main nav aid... ordered a RAM mount X-grip :-)

For tracking on Skylines I will use the App Skylines Tracker, which has been updated and working again and Server Resolution is set to FIX in stead of DNS:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.luethi.skylinestracker

Still have to work out connection with the Flarm, but will work on that this weekend.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

BOTTLAENDER
Pulcino

France
14 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  12:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
sorry but I tryed many solutions to update the 6.0b version on my GoFly without any success.
Could you please explain again the way to do it?
Thanks,
Guy
Go to Top of Page

BOTTLAENDER
Pulcino

France
14 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  12:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so stupid to unzip the .kobo in LK8000 folder instead of root....
sorry
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Mogg
Pulcino

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  17:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will this version allow LKNET to be used on the Kobo Aura 2?
I have installed version 6.1H and it seems to be running fine, but I canīt get LKNET to connect.
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Mogg
Pulcino

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  19:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed the OTG-version if that makes a difference.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  19:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Mogg

I installed the OTG-version if that makes a difference.

no need otg version for LKNET, you just need wifi connection.
on some device with last kobo firmware update, wifi don't work, will be fixed in next version.
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2017 :  14:48:42  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried it on Sunday's flight: perfect for me on V2. Fantastic job: grazie di cuore!

- enrico

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy