PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 Android with Skytraxx 2.0 ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GolfBravo
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2017 :  21:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was happy to see the release of the android version. I tried XCSoar before and connecting to my Skytraxx 2.0 via bluetooth worked easily. As I think there are some really helpful features in LK8000 I tried to connect the Skytraxx to LK8000 v6.1f on my Huawei GEM-701L, Android 5.0.

Up to now I found no setup that worked.

Is there anyone out there who achieved success in combining Skytraxx with LK8000?

Thanks in advance.

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  08:38:39  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is like allways, we need the hardware to make a driver. Otherwise we will never support it.
Go to Top of Page

GolfBravo
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  20:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the quick answer.
So at the moment it doesn't make sense to try all possible combinations.
But for me it is amazing, that no of your friends has the Skytraxx vario. At our start sites near Ruhpolding you find it so often. Simply bad luck for me :-((, but hope dies last :-))
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2017 :  12:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

i have send mail to skytraxx, i let you know about their answer.
Go to Top of Page

GolfBravo
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2017 :  20:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news, thank U.
Go to Top of Page

GolfBravo
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  21:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I suspected: Skytraxx doesn't want to support something that competes with the new Skytraxx 3.0. I can not blame them!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  03:13:02  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Skytraxx is very wrong if they think they compete with LK. Our user base can only bring them new customers for vario.
Unsupporting Skytraxx means loosing customers, a lot of customers, if we declare it officially unsupported on our web site.
Something like "if you have to choose a vario, get a Brauniger, get a Digifly, get Flytech, get anything but do not get a Skytraxx because they dont want to be compatible".

Looks like crazy marketing policy, but it is their own business after all, and we really don't care if they earn or loose money.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GolfBravo

As I suspected: Skytraxx doesn't want to support something that competes with the new Skytraxx 3.0. I can not blame them!

quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Skytraxx is very wrong if they think they compete with LK. Our user base can only bring them new customers for vario.
Unsupporting Skytraxx means loosing customers, a lot of customers, if we declare it officially unsupported on our web site.
Something like "if you have to choose a vario, get a Brauniger, get a Digifly, get Flytech, get anything but do not get a Skytraxx because they dont want to be compatible".

Looks like crazy marketing policy, but it is their own business after all, and we really don't care if they earn or loose money.

All of that are totaly wrong, i'm in contact with Jürgen Eckert from skytraxx for port LK8000 on Skytraxx 3.0 and he are very keen.
The challenge is to find a way to control the user interface using only 4 buttons.

before working on that, we need to finalize v6.1...

this is the last answer i get from Jürgen Eckert :

Once you are done with your release, drop me a note and I’ll send you a device.

Bruno

Edited by - brunotl on 06/06/2017 11:34:31
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  16:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are in contact with them but you didn't tell anyone. Not me at least until now. So, good news for us and for them.

EDIT: sorry, you did mention the contact in fact! My fault.

Edited by - Coolwind on 06/06/2017 23:13:06
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  15:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GolfBravo

I was happy to see the release of the android version. I tried XCSoar before and connecting to my Skytraxx 2.0 via bluetooth worked easily. As I think there are some really helpful features in LK8000 I tried to connect the Skytraxx to LK8000 v6.1f on my Huawei GEM-701L, Android 5.0.

Up to now I found no setup that worked.

Is there anyone out there who achieved success in combining Skytraxx with LK8000?

Thanks in advance.

the tricks is : you need to put skytraxx bluetooth in slave mode
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy