PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Android
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2017 :  10:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is just a comment. Yesterday I flew with both my V2 and a Moto E running the latest versions, then compared the traces.

First the phone did not like the winch launch, half way up I apparently did an instantaneous 180 deg turn, and then reversed it a second later.
Most of the trace the 2 lines were almost on top of each other as you would expect, but in thermalling turns the Android trace jumped about a bit like the old days with the iPAQ 314. Obviously the gps is not up to glider turns, certainly in a cheap phone.
So I think I will stick with the V2.
Dave

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  16:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try with my Nexus 5X soon how it works :-)

Waiting for USB type C charging cable and suitable suction cup holder I ordered from Ebay :-)

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  20:50:37  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the next Version you can fix the screen orientation in setup page22.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  00:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that will cure my problem Ulli, but I can always do what I did with the iPAQ 314, and connect to the Holux GPSlim with BT. That worked quite well.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  09:01:54  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My post was refering to the screen flip during takeoff.
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  12:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Referring to the first post in this thread, here are tracks comparison between a Vertica V2 and an Android Samsung A5, during the same flight. No track smoothing issue looks to happen, though the are some discrepancies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy