PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Airspace and NOTAM information AIO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2016 :  11:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In December I recieved information about a new initiative to combine AIP airspace and NOTAM information and make this available for the gliding community in Europe:

- GPS-Aerodata www.gps-aerodata.com

Daily Aeronautical information (source: European AIS Database-EAD maintained by Eurocontrol) will become available through the co-operation of four companies: Glider Pilot Shop, PocketFMS, LXNAV and Naviter. Sadly they are using cub-format only (for now?).

I have asked the owner of Glider Pilot Shop if other formats are supported in the future. Not for now, but if there appears a solid plan of users or designers who desire a different format than this, of course, is always negotiable.

Edited by - BravoLima on 08/03/2017 06:46:44

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2017 :  14:08:24  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if cub format is available. This initiative as-is seems to be aimed for commercial software only. It seems very strange that with the wide user based combined by xcsoar and LK they didn't choose an open format good also for other commercial softwares . I can be wrong on this but further informations are needed just to clarify the scope of this project by aerodata. If cub format is closed to other developers then this is simply another commercial initiative like jeppesen.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2017 :  16:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on GPS-Aerodata web site, you ca read this :

Your subscription to GPS AeroData is based on the serial number of a system or software.

so i think that exclude all Open Source software ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy