PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Apple Watch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Med50
Pulcino

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  09:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just bought a new Apple Watch series 2 which has a brilliant 1000nit screen perfectly readable under direct sunlight.
I was just wondering if this device will be supported when the iOS version of lk8000 will be released... in my opinion it could be the perfect companion for glider pilots providing basic informations about landables. For example, having just the multitarget datas (task/best alternate/alt1/alt2/home) like direction, distance, required efficency and arrival altitude at a glance could be of great help.
Swiping left/right to change target, just few essential data.

What do you think?

Med50
Pulcino

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  12:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course it will be in addition to the vertica v2
I often turn off the v2 screen while flying both to save battery and reduce distraction, having essential data just by raising wrist could be of help.
For sure full lk8000 on such a small screen is unusable
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  12:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that we don't have an Apple IOS version yet. If it will ever be released. So no developers will ever take care of spending 5 minutes on the Watch.. if we run Android on our phones.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy