PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 aAlt ve FL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bambuko
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  00:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometime around 4.1 bottom bar ALT2 was changed moving FL from position 5 to 6 and aAlt from 6 to 5.

On my Kobo (in landscape mode displaying only 5 positions) I can only see aAlt and not FL.

I don't care much for my altitude in mtrs (perfectly happy with ft).
I would much rather see FL instead of aAlt.

Is there something I can do about it?

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  01:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, change font size and have more "positions" in landscape!
System Config Menu 12, BottomBar font size, try -3 for example.

Edited by - Coolwind on 24/06/2016 01:48:34
Go to Top of Page

bambuko
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  01:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
that is indeed an option, although I quite like larger font size and just 5 positions.
Out of curiosity - what was the thinking behind swapping the positions of FL and aAlt?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  02:52:34  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The thinking was: reporting position to traffic controller is in feet, not in FL.
Example: D-1234 currently over xxxx at 3500ft requesting authorization to enter .
I understand that aAlt for people using imperial units makes little sense, because nobody cares about a position report in metrics! You already have what you need.
'Tell you what we can do. If using imperial units, we swap aAlt with FL as before. That makes sense.
Although.. really did you try having 6 items in the bottom bar? Reducing to -1 could be sufficient.
A great deal of time and efforts was dedicated to have the software perform the best possible fitting of items against minimal reduction of font sizes..
In principle it is not the best idea to have different informations depending on what units you are using.
In principle.. maybe.
Go to Top of Page

bambuko
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  03:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I was guessing that this change was driven by metric people.
As you say aAlt doesn't make sense here in UK (unless I am missing something?).
Preference for 5 instead of 6 items in bottom bar is driven by old age :-)
Eyesight is not what it used to be... (even with varifocals).
Your suggestion of swapping aAlt with FL for people using imperial units seems most logical to me, but I realise that mine is just one voice.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  13:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well no, it is not only your voice, it is a good point. Without problems I can fix it at once. It is very reasonable in fact. It is nonsense to have aAlt in metrics with priority over FL.
Go to Top of Page

bambuko
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  13:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy