PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Question about top right button custom key
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This weeked I noticed one strange thing on my KOBO.
It was my first test of KOBO+LK on my cocpit (ver 05.02.2016) and I did not see this before.

Usually I switch off all keys that I'm not going to use (Top-Right, Middle-Left-Right, Bottom-Center). This time I replaced Top-right "Overlays toggle" with "Disabled" as usual.

* By the way: Why do you have two "Disable" options in drop-down?

When I dress my harness with running KOBO+LK placed on cocpit I found that the screen is empty like I pressed "Overlays toggle". But this button was disabled some time before and everything was fine. I pressed Top-Right, but nothing happened (as I expected). So, I enabled "Overlays toggle" again to get infomation back on the screen and disabled it back. After some time I got it again.

Do you have any secret button for "Overlays toggle" function?
Like I found if I make long press on top-right I get current coordinates

Edited by - mzeddd on 09/02/2016 17:10:03

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:27:32  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Confirm there are two disabled, investigating now thx.
No there arent secret buttons, as far as I know !
The top right for paragliders is an emergency report position, it is documented (we may discuss its usability..).
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more notice from the same area. This time it could be treated as BUG.

If I start LK8000-PC on my PC and make long press (2 seconds) on top-right corner I get information about coordinates. When I click on it (or select it) it disappears but window stops reacting on my mouse. No "click" sound when I click on it. I could not even move window on my screen. At the same time "battary" LED is blinking each second as usual.

If I click outside of program (make another window active) and return back then LK becomes again accessible.

It is more or less OK for Windows but it is deadend in KOBO :(
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Question: are you sure you were in the same M page? Because as you know, all multimaps have indipendent overlay status.
Other chance: menu buttons, Display 1/3 is overlay toggle . I know it is quite unlikely that randomly you jump right there..
Other question: did you exit LK and then restart it? Because in such case with V6 all parameters are not saved, unless you want it (in system config 22 "Save runtime").
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the first time I'm sure I had all multimaps disabled

Not sure about "Save runtime", maybe it was ON as I had to restart LK twice. Second time to load "default" profile.

quote:
The top right for paragliders is an emergency report position, it is documented (we may discuss its usability..).

It is really good idea, I like it. Maybe missed this while reading documents.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  18:28:52  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok please check then. If you want to have overlay disabled on startup, you need to save runtime parameters.
But then, remember: all the times, you are getting back what you did last time. Like in V5.
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2016 :  16:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most likely my initial problem happened because I pressed on the screen accidentally by clothes several times and switched off Overlays via Menu - Display - Overlays sequence, as all of this buttons located on bottom right of the screen in portrait screen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy