PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Th Av. 30s (NOBUG)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2015 :  01:03:13  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got a report from someone using one of the last builds that I compiled for Kobo telling me the Th Av. 30s is always at 0.

I replayed the IGC file and looks OK but I don't know how to replay using NMEA in Linux or Kobo to check this. Can any developer give a try and check if there is any bug or not.

He is using a BlueFlyVario device.

Here is the NMEA log, IGC and also RunTime.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iczdod6suaks9ie/BlueFlyVario.zip?dl=0

Edited by - Coolwind on 08/04/2016 15:52:08

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2016 :  10:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same behavior. The overlay item, which is switched by thermal/cruise context and show glide ratio / 30s thermal average shows only the glide ratio. The thermal average is switched properly but it shows 0 or ---.

I am using LX protocol for my vario.

Here are the logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ddGxn3rsO-OHpzM180UTc5T1U/view?usp=sharing

How does LK count the average? Does it do from baro data? Or from GPS?
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2016 :  13:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My instrument can use any GPS with MT3339 chip. I switched to another GPS chip (From Pa6H to Titan 3) and the value worked.
But sometimes it showed -4,3 in thermal which is nonsense.

Is averager anyhow connected with GPS data?
(Sorry I am on bussiness travel and I dont have time to study the source code)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2016 :  13:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sundancer, please send us the RUNTIME log to understand whats going on.
I cannot replicate any problem on my side.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  15:51:49  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think there is an issue with configuration of BlyFlyVario, so I am closing the bug.
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  17:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont use bluefly vario. I found this behavior on KOBO + GPS chip connected directly. It is wrong even with different GPS chips ( I tried 3).

While my instrument was crashed I dont have tracklogs from that flights.

I will provide you full logs (nmea, IGC, runtime) as soon as there is a flyable weather with thermalling in tracklog.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  21:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sundancer, do you have a baro altitude connected or not?
A simple gps does not provide baro altitude.
If you are using baro altitude from an external source and this source fails to deliver baro altitude, the vario and relative values will not work. This is what is happening. We cannot debug custom hardware.
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  12:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I wrote, I tested it with GPS only. Thats why I asked twice if the infobox is GPS dependent or BARO dependet.

So its no bug as you wrote.

I will look into code next time, thank you and sorry for wasting your time.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  12:47:47  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably your gps failed to deliver GGA nmea sentence for some reason, or the GGA data for altitude is wrong.
I see no other possible reason.
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2016 :  15:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be flying at the competition this week. I wil make more test
with against kobo with baro.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2016 :  17:26:54  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While that problem appears and keeps going on, please do an NMEA log start and after a minute stop it, so we can see what was incoming to LK.
Go to Top of Page

tupuszl
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  14:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem. I run LK on PNA with builtin bluetooth module and GPS module. LK Device A is configured as BlueFlyVario connected via bluetooth, internal GPS is configured as DEVICE B. BlueFlyVario sends in LK8EX protocol 10Hz baro data multiplexed with 2Hz GPS data (second GPS connected onboard on BFV). LK is properly using baro altitude (IGC files with baro height, BARO ON status in LK), and GPS data from BFV, but Th Av.30s shows --. When the other day I forgot to turn on the BFV, LK switched to device B (internal GPS) and Th. Av. 30s parameter was shown correctly. Here is link to logs (nmea, IGC, runtime)(nmea log is from another day, took on-ground):

https://ln.sync.com/dl/abbba5c60#c3xv29zd-kqrc5x4s-rxyqxtvw-9i5sq9c9

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2016 :  01:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reconfigure BlueFlyVario to use GPS data 1Hz and Vario 1Hz. If average30s is back working, you can try setting vario to higher values.
Go to Top of Page

tupuszl
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2016 :  11:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply, I'll try 1Hz settings, but does it mean, that the higher GPS refresh rates will not be supported ? (I've noticed that e.g. "bank angle" info box works quite nice (few degrees of difference between refreshes) with 2Hz GPS refresh rate, but with 1hz is almost unusable)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2016 :  15:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is just for testing at this stage. I need to understand what is going on..
Go to Top of Page

tupuszl
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2016 :  17:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I tested 1Hz-1Hz setting and ... it worked OK, so the problem can be in uneven refresh rate or in refresh rate higher then 1Hz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy