PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Why XCSoar have valid IGC files when LK8000 dont
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pabloaugusto
Pulcino

9 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  03:09:42  Show Profile  Visit pabloaugusto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm changing from xcsoar to lk8000 due most versatile features for paragliding, but, i just discovered that lk8000 logs are not fai VALID.

Here in Brazil, the paragliding federation use the hours from logs at LEONARDO to allow pilots an upgrade at his pilot level.

if you did not upload valid logs at Brasil leonardo (http://xcbrasil.com.br) your flight hours are not computed, and, you will be stock at level 1 for ever. You cannot attend a competition, etc.

how it works well in xcsoar, and not on lk8000? There are plans to implement it? Its really deal break here in Brasil, making this change impossible.

Example of xcsoar valid logs. All this logs is from a friend of mine and was uploaded to xcbrasil using xcsoar .igc logs http://www.xcbrasil.com.br/tracks/world/alltimes/brand:all,cat:0,class:all,xctype:all,club:all,pilot:0_3357,takeoff:all

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by - pabloaugusto on 16/07/2015 03:19:29

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  10:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For gliders, we dont have any problem. For paragliders I lost the count of the times I have tried to accomplish competitions.
Now you say xcsoar's logs are accepted and ours are not. I have no idea why. We have TWO validation schemes, and when I tried to tell people that we should use only one, I got a bunch of complaints.
So I am not investigating any further. Beside, there is nothing we can do about it, except drop the plugin as I said months ago.
Not my business anymore.
Go to Top of Page

pabloaugusto
Pulcino

9 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  01:41:59  Show Profile  Visit pabloaugusto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But the plugin is only to 5a pda version.
I use kobo, there are any plugin for kobo?
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  03:54:11  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pablo,

I think what Paolo tried to say was "there will be NO more plugin", and XC leagues should accept LK8000 as they are right now, if not, he won't do any change.
Go to Top of Page

Ben888
Pulcino

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2017 :  21:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we are now 2 years on and still can't use lk8000 igc in the U.K. Xc league.

Do you have any new plans to rectify this, it's the weak link in an otherwise great bit of software!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2017 :  02:54:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UK is the only place where the FAI validator is not accepted. Enough said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy