PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Does LK8000 supports usb-otg? If not, its on road?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pabloaugusto
Pulcino

9 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  00:42:23  Show Profile  Visit pabloaugusto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is (or will be) usb-otg supported?

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  01:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
USB OTG is managed at hardware and operating system level, not only by the application , as far as I know.
You can plug a USB to rs232 adapter for example, or an hard disk drive. LK will see these devices just like any other device connected to the system.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  04:36:21  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pablo Augusto contact me because he has this device from Ridimuim but I have no clue if is supported by LK8000 Kobo version

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 10/05/2015 04:37:10
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  04:53:14  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LK just like any other software can read a device to get the data. So if that toy is appearing as a device in linux (/dev/something) then we can read its data.
A (not secondary) issue is that LK has a driver for that device, like for V7, Brauniger, Digifly etc.). But this has nothing to do with the fact it is attached to a kobo or to a V2.
Pablo Augusto should ask the people who sold him the Ridimium about the specs.
Go to Top of Page

pabloaugusto
Pulcino

9 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  14:31:23  Show Profile  Visit pabloaugusto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can successful connect ridimuim (its a vario like bluevario) to my kobo with xcsoar with the settings:

Driver: Generic or GT Altimeter
Baud: 115200
Port: /dev/ttyUSB0

All works ok at kobo with xcsoar.

Once installed LK8000 to my kobo, i just made same configs, and using ttyUSB0 port i got NO COM PORT response at LK screen. Changed to ttlmxc0 port, i got NO DATA RX message at LK screen.

So, i guess usb-otg it not currently supported by LK linux kernel. Once, if i change to port ttyUSB0 i got NO COM PORT message from LK.

I make myself clear now?

Edited by - pabloaugusto on 10/05/2015 14:32:54
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  15:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no such thing as "LK linux kernel". The kernel is the operating system, not an application.
Anyway, looks like something to check.
Go to Top of Page

pabloaugusto
Pulcino

9 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  01:13:03  Show Profile  Visit pabloaugusto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just in the latest version of XCSoar USB-OTG option (on/off) was implemented. Before was not support to it at XCSoar. Its a recent implementation.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  03:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thx I had a look, they are switching between the original kobo kernel and another patched one which is supporting USB OTG.
I guess you can permanently let it switched, if you dont use the original Nickel environment.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  11:07:04  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

thx I had a look, they are switching between the original kobo kernel and another patched one which is supporting USB OTG.
I guess you can permanently let it switched, if you dont use the original Nickel environment.

I think we can have ON/OFF button has soon we get a menu has XCSoar has ;)
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1095 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  11:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you have kobo kernel with USB-OTG enabled, you can put it named "uImage" inside LK8000 folder, it will be installed automaticly at startup.

do it only if you know what you do, if you need to rollback to original kernel, you need to restore device or install original kernel using same way ...
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  21:24:01  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pabloaugusto

Is (or will be) usb-otg supported?

Can you try this: http://goo.gl/iLQ4Zn
Go to Top of Page

thomasg
Pulcino

60 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2015 :  06:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would that be a version coming with usb otg?
Do not want to brick my Kobo, but would like to switch from xcsoar to lk8000 due to some functions being much better in lk8000...
Thank so much for all your dedication guys
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2015 :  10:37:54  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasg

would that be a version coming with usb otg?
Do not want to brick my Kobo, but would like to switch from xcsoar to lk8000 due to some functions being much better in lk8000...
Thank so much for all your dedication guys

Sorry, I had posted a Kernel on that link but I removed because the only way to have Kobo being detected again was restoring the whole Kobo image to the SD Card since LK8000 doesn't have the option to turn restore the original Kernel on exit.

Hopefully can be added in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2015 :  13:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You dont need to do any change in LK.
There will be no such changes. What you need is a shell script that does it, nothing to do with LK.
Go to Top of Page

rolex
New Entry

Yugoslavia
3 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2016 :  00:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

You dont need to do any change in LK.
There will be no such changes. What you need is a shell script that does it, nothing to do with LK.

It is very important to have OTG/NO OTG switch from the menu like on XCSoar.
If you use usb-otg for gps or vario during flight, it is not convenient to open kobo device after every flight to take out memory card for log reading. It is much easier to switch to no-otg and start nickel.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1095 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2016 :  00:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no need switch, simply restart to nickel...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy