PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 and Kobo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  21:55:27  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first official beta will be delivered in about 10 days or earlier, maybe. It depends if we find bugs to fix or not, as usual.
Some hundreds pilots have been using it already since months, so we are confident it is ok.
This is going to be v6.0 by march 2016 , a completely redesigned codebase, and enhanced user interface without doing a revolution.
For PC, PNA, KOBO, Linux and Raspberry PI.
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  22:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paolo, we all will never be grateful enough for the immense job that you and the development team do.

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3

Edited by - Parsifal on 10/01/2016 22:08:43
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2016 :  01:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My work in the 6.0 is marginal, and limited to user interface and screen resolution compatibilities.
Bruno did a giant work, he is the one to thank primarily for this 6.0!
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2016 :  11:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, thanks to Bruno ... and Paolo, and any other making this beautiful software.

Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2016 :  11:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Parsifal

quote:
Originally posted by TiGuy82

There is no official version for Kobo yet! But if you want to try, use it at your own risk: http://tinyurl.com/LK8000v6alpha

I don't know if it will work because you need USB OTG Kernel and is not 100% implemented in LK8000

Thanks for your answer.
Since my current settlement (HX4700 with lk8000 5.0) works flawlessly, may be I'll wait for the official release.
Any idea of the timing?

USB-OTG kernel are not included by default, but is included in source repository and can be added to KoboRoot.tgz by adding "KERNEL=y" in build command line.

tested only on Mini and GloHD, i don't have another device so i can't make test ...

just for avoid problem, don't use otg kernel if your device already have custom kernel...

Edited by - brunotl on 11/01/2016 11:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2016 :  17:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

quote:
Originally posted by Parsifal

quote:
Originally posted by TiGuy82

There is no official version for Kobo yet! But if you want to try, use it at your own risk: http://tinyurl.com/LK8000v6alpha

I don't know if it will work because you need USB OTG Kernel and is not 100% implemented in LK8000

Thanks for your answer.
Since my current settlement (HX4700 with lk8000 5.0) works flawlessly, may be I'll wait for the official release.
Any idea of the timing?

USB-OTG kernel are not included by default, but is included in source repository and can be added to KoboRoot.tgz by adding "KERNEL=y" in build command line.

tested only on Mini and GloHD, i don't have another device so i can't make test ...

just for avoid problem, don't use otg kernel if your device already have custom kernel...

Thanks a lot Bruno.
I'll try, hoping not to mess with the kernel commands ...

Go to Top of Page

Enders13
Pulcino

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  14:56:50  Show Profile  Visit Enders13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can I just check, I installed the latest kobo from 18-12-2015 and it's showing at 5.3g0 on the splash screen yet the PC version is listing 6.0?

ON the splash screen I've now got a button called Nickel? It appears to be for bypassing LK to go to Kobo normal home page. Is the button labelled correctly?

Thanks for all the work and looking foreward to many miles with my kobo and LK in 2016.

Edited by - Enders13 on 12/01/2016 14:57:37
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  18:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enders13

Can I just check, I installed the latest kobo from 18-12-2015 and it's showing at 5.3g0 on the splash screen yet the PC version is listing 6.0?

6.0 will be the version number of next offical release, still we are in Beta state, version number is 5.3 for all platform.

quote:
Originally posted by Enders13
ON the splash screen I've now got a button called Nickel? It appears to be for bypassing LK to go to Kobo normal home page. Is the button labelled correctly?

"Nickel" is the name of original kobo software for read book, i don't know if it is the best label, but it's correct and i don't have better idea ;-)

Edited by - brunotl on 12/01/2016 18:07:57
Go to Top of Page

Enders13
Pulcino

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  11:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Enders13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, Nickel I guessed but maybe just put KOBO in there and this button will take you to the Kobo home screen. This is a good idea, we had to start LK before we could go to KOBO home before.

One extra request, maybe for release 6.0.

Now that wifi is in the latest beta, can you add some information to the status screen, to show if wifi is connected and what it's connected to, it may seem obvious but there is no easy way to know what LK is connected to wifi wise without it. I understand it will only connect to the wifi connections you have saved in the KOBO settings but without some status you are not 100% confident it's connected.

Many thanks,
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  01:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Nickel" is the name of original kobo software for read book, i don't know if it is the best label, but it's correct and i don't have better idea ;-)

You could have named it E-Reader or etc. What if we switch to another reader later? This name will have some consistency ;)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  03:26:04  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe we can simply call it "Kobo" ?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  10:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sundancer
You could have named it E-Reader or etc. What if we switch to another reader later? This name will have some consistency ;)

this button is device specific, so no reason to see it on others device ;-)

i will rename it in "Kobo".

Edited by - brunotl on 12/02/2016 11:49:36
Go to Top of Page

HG-Argo
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2016 :  22:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flew 35 minutes yesterday with:
- LK8000 5.3L
- GoFly V4 with Bluetooth serial 'Cable'
- Trainer/XC Hang Glider (WW Falcon-3)

Everything worked well. Easy to tweak QNH (compared to other systems). Airspace proximity was recognised which sent an alarm to the GoFly piezo. Flight parameters (including IAS) displayed well.

Very cool to use the Logbook at the end of the flight to see the basic flight stats.

If there was one thing that was not perfect, it was the Logger auto-start was a little slow to kick in. It was a windy launch so I ended up leaping into the air, which I would have thought would have triggered the Logger almost instantly. Instead, there was a ~10-second delay in data being captured. No biggy, just need to set the Logger going prior to takeoff, if I want every second to be logged.

Thanks for a great system!
Go to Top of Page

ludovic
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2016 :  10:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I try to install lk8000 v5.3k on the H20auraHD and the tactile didn't work anymore. I need to open it and install an other lk8000 directly with Ubuntu on the SD card /koboreader/.kobo with my computer. I try to install with the same way, the original software. Same problem!
I try an other thing :
I modify the src file in lk8000 to run always on the original software of kobo. I modify one version to put in.Kobo I launch the kobo to install this version modified.
It's work but the tactile didn't work anymore.
I don't know how to do it. To have the tactile screen work.
Do you have an idea to solve the problem?
I don't know how the software of lk8000 is build and where we need to modify something to upload the correct driver or something like that to have the tactile function???
Many thanks for your help and support.
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
36 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2018 :  14:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any experience with LK8000 and Kobo Aura One? Does LK8000 run on it?
Robert

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy