PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Project Radioactivity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2016 :  21:30:46  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

-LCD displays
-buzzer
-accelometers
-compass sensors
.... even an AHRS is possible.

as you can see here :
https://youtu.be/4zphUFwuM88
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2016 :  09:26:00  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rexfux

Hi AlphaLima,

The GPS signal is coming from a flarm through the V7 which makes the RS232/TTL conversion before going to COM7 of LK8000(portA, V7 driver). The KRT2 signal after RS232/TTL conversion is going to COM8 of LK8000(portB, KRT2 driver). As I said this configuration works but I experienced 2 display freezes which I'm not capable yet do document precisely. I was suspecting the LK8000V6alpha04dec2015 which includes the KRT2 driver and which I'm using.

Sonds all OK,
any news on that?
You better update to the latest version now and check if you still get freezes.

FYI: You can also add a valid frequency to the Airspace name ( AN in the airspace file), than you get a button to set the frequency in the airspace detail dialog.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 22/01/2016 09:37:01
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2016 :  10:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi alphalima,

I made a lot of changes in my installation since last post by inserting a TRX-1090 between the flarm minibox and the S7 vario. The installed LK8000 version is still the 4/12/2015 version and I'll install the last one before the next flight.
By testing the task upload I did not succeed and always got a blue screen (unknown error) and I had to reset the PNA to recover. I don't know if the problem is due to the installation changes or to the software.
During the test flight yesterday, there were no more freezes.
On remark to the radioactivity: Every time there is a reception on the radio, a RX info pops up on the PNA screen. During flight in high traffic area, that could be too much. Is there a chance to get it filtered out on a next update of the driver?

Henri

Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2016 :  00:03:53  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We will soon release a beta version.
ragarding Task declaration:
-you should test one device after another, first LK and FLARM only than add the V7, than the add bluebox. It is a good idea to have all devices on the same baudrate (> 19k2)

regarding radio info popup, it should popup in TESTBENCH versions only and will not be visible on release versions.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 23/01/2016 00:06:58
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2016 :  00:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Watchout Ulli that we keep TESTBENCH also in beta versions...
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2016 :  12:42:09  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I know, this is not a problem.
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  22:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rexfux

When will the KRT2 driver be included in a stable LK8000 version?

Henri Fussner

Hmm strange,
which device are you using?
can you reproduce the freeze? How?
Does it freeze without the KRT2 driver as well?

Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  23:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alphalima,

Concerning the "freeze of the display",it is in fact a loss of control of LK8000. I could reproduce it:
With the last 5.30g I experienced followings:
When touching the area of a pop-up window, for example "restarting com ports", LK8000 control is locked: the screen is still refreshing, there is a sound when taping the screen but no response to the action. I had to reset the PNA to recover.

Henri
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2016 :  12:32:12  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes!
could reproduce it, thx.
Good spot!
stay tuned!

AL
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2016 :  12:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Alphalima,

I is not related to the KRT2 driver. May be it is not the right treat to talk about.

Henri
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2016 :  13:20:14  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
right it is nothing related to RadioActive, however the bug is already under investigation, so no more need to be discussed here in the forum.

for information:
Problem does not exist on KOBO devices.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 07/02/2016 13:22:35
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  08:25:54  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Problem fixed for the next version 5.3h, which can be found here:
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

thanks to Bruno!

Edited by - AlphaLima on 12/02/2016 09:34:31
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2016 :  17:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If your PNA has 2 COM Ports (e.g. Oudie2, Vertica V2, Gliderguider, Kobo via OTG) you can use the native KRT2 driver for a direct connection.

I resume this old post to ask for clarification.
I have an Oudie2 Lite (running LK8000 v.6, of course), that I connect via BT to a Nano, and keep in charge via an USB power bank .
Soon I'll install a brand new KRT2, and I would like to use the Radio Interface feature.
I've read the v.6.0 Manual, but, maybe due to my poor understanding of technical matters, I don't get HOW to connect the Oudie2 to a KRT2 and keep the essential external power feed via USB.
A special cable is needed? If it is so, which is the scheme of connections?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Giancarlo

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  22:36:51  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as I know, the Oudie2 is delivered with an USB cable, which can be used as serial port and power feeder at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  00:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True. The Oudie USB cable and USB door do both functions.
So, to connect both the KTR2 and the power bank I guess an Y cable must be added. But still I don't know how to arrange it.
Maybe I stay with manual commands since surely something would burn if I try by myself.
Thanks anyway

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3

Edited by - Parsifal on 03/11/2016 00:12:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy