PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Announcing "nimbus" LK Development System
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Chris
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2014 :  19:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paolo,

Are there any news concerning the release of Nimbus?

It has been announced more than a year ago! I think it is a pitty if this is further delayed since many people are impatiantly waiting for it.

Anyways, hope Nimbus will be released soon.

Cheers,
Chris

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2014 :  23:12:36  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Chris,

You can follow these steps if you want to get a development machine for LK8000:
http://www.ridimuim.com.br/p/compilar-lk8000-para-linux.html
http://www.ridimuim.com.br/p/usando-netbeans.html

(Use translate drop menu to translate to your language)
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  19:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply. I would have preferred though a virtual machine which has all the packages installed for compiling on different platforms (PC, PNA, etc). Indeed I'm not really up to date with seting up different compilers for different platforms, but I do program a little bit and would like to try out some small changes, since I have some possible enhancements for paragliding in mind.

You mention in a post about a year ago that you tried a preliminary version of Nimbus and it appeared to work well. Is this version still available for download somewhere? If possible I would really like to try it out.

Thanks.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  02:55:03  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had it but now after many tests... I screw the VM...
But I installed Lubuntu and I put all the packages if you want I can share mine virtual machine, you can compile PNA, PC, PPC2002, PPC2003 and LINUX with it.

But is huge, around 9GB :-D

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  10:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i will prepare it by this week
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  19:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Paolo!
:-D
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2014 :  01:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "roadmap" is to prepare the nimbus with the latest libraries required.
I will do my best to make it done by the first week of january, or so.
The point is: in order to distribute it, once ready, I must UPLOAD it. And it is a huge file.
It takes many hours to upload on my adsl, sad to say : 8Mb download, only 512kb upload.
This is why is quite boring job to do!
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2014 :  02:06:59  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think we could use Torrent for this case, is easy to share, the downside, you need to leave the computer on until someone download the whole file. I don't mind to download it from you. I have one of my PC always on. At least you save some space from your server.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2014 :  14:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, I pay download servers for the purpose. We have unlimited bandwidth , so people will be able to download it from an official place, not on a torrent.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2014 :  19:56:37  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is even better! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2015 :  17:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok just a short line to say that the nimbus is on the way, not forgotten, it just required some artwork to adapt for linux compilation.
Timeline: a matter of a few days, unfortunately my time has been limited due to family requirements lately. But I am catching up now.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2015 :  00:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nimbus is ready. Tomorrow it will be uploaded and the link made available.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  01:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the link to the 2 gigabyte file. It is a 7z vmware folder.
http://tinyurl.com/LK8000-NIMBUS
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  01:18:24  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
User and password?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  01:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Opps. After running the virtual machine, enter with
Login: user
Password: password

then follow instructions on screen.
Truly, these instructions are appearing on the Nimbus also before login.

Edited by - Coolwind on 23/01/2015 03:15:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy