PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 FAI triangle support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2014 :  00:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stefan, I have absolutely no evidences that once the FAI assistant in 4.0 is giving a FAI CLOSE point, it is not real.
My experience with FAI CLOSE is 100% positive, on OLC at least.
We had 0 (zero) error feedback for FAI triangles during 2013. Yours is the first.
The start on leg can be an enhancement, but from my point of view there is no bug in 4.0 for start on turnpoint.

Now there are only two chances: 1) nobody is using fai assistant (less than 10%, probably 2%) and thus nobody cares to report it. or
2) there is no problem.

So I think your statement "without fooling you as the actual assistant often does" should be proved.
Simply I dont believe that the FAI triangle calculator we are using has given you a "FAI CLOSE" points that has fooled you.
Not even once, not to mention "often".

Go to Top of Page

Toolish
Pulcino

Germany
13 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2014 :  00:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Paolo,

when I wrote "fooling you" I also was refering to triangle calculations with start on the leg. In this case the calculations are definitely wrong. I think at least 70% of the triangles flown by paragliders or deltas are started on the leg (some only by a few kilometers, which nevertheless leads to a wrong calculation). So in many of our triangle attempts we get displayed false sectors.

On your feature site is written:

"FAI Triangle optimizer in real time, and we also create a virtual waypoint for you to close the triangle!"

and not: FAI Triangle optimizer for start on the turnpoint only [...]

I also can give you an example for a wrong calculation with start on the turnpoint:
http://xc.dhv.de/xc/modules/leonardo/index.php?name=leonardo&op=show_flight&flightID=419175

The right sector is displayed very late, when you are inside it for a long time. The screenshot was made at that moment:

If you want to verify it I can send you the igc-file.

Please donīt get me wrong - I donīt want to offend you. LK8000 is really a superb and very elaborate software! You do a great job and I understand that itīs your first goal to create a stable version. You are the boss and I have to say exactly nothing! ;-)

I only want to convince you that it really would make sense to fix that bug (yes for me itīs a bug - not one that is crashing LK8000 but a faulty calculation). The testing version is calculating perfectly now and is already existing.

I know many xc paragliders using seeyoumobile mainly because of the airspace display, the triangle calculator and the valid igc-file. Regarding the triangle calculator thereīs no alternative for paragliders to sym at the moment. Thatīs the reason why there are so many oudie 2 and 3 sold out there.

Best regards
Stefan

Edited by - Toolish on 21/04/2014 00:53:15
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2014 :  01:44:31  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The calculator was unable to calculate a FAI CLOSE, because it did not consider the "start on leg".
A real bug would be to suggest you a close point that is invalid.

The other issues about seeyou mobile you mention are your own opinions, and I dont agree on them at all (at least two of the three are false, in fact).

Anyway, let alone other software, the reason I cannot merge anything else in the 5.0 is that development for the version is closed.
In a few words: if I merge anything, we delay again the delivery. And this is not possible, too many people waiting already.

Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2015 :  01:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What setting is used to display sectors on map? (not in analysis page)
Cause I recently missed the "real sector" by flying into the one drawn on the map screen, but it was like 5km off. (on PG)
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2015 :  12:17:24  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Display 2/3 -> DrawFAI
and
make sure Contest Info 1.5 (Setup page 10 Interface) is ON!

Edited by - AlphaLima on 25/05/2015 13:13:09
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  22:07:17  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good news,
the "Start on Leg" Optimizer option will be standard in the next version.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2016 :  16:35:08  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Start on Leg" with 500km transition
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy