PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Be careful with microSD to SD adapters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  19:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using microSD to SD card adapters, be very careful to check that the sliding cursor for Lock write is steady to unlock and cannot be moved.
Some adapters (one of my Kingston, but only one out of three Kingston!) has no block for the cursor which can move by itself.

It already happened to me TWICE that the cursor moved while I was running LK, resulting in strange things happening, the most common being that on exit Task cannot be saved message is given.

It is imperative that LK can write on the SD card not only on startup (where a check is made now) but also during runtime!

KarmaGianni
Aquilotto

Italy
283 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  09:46:16  Show Profile  Visit KarmaGianni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hardly suggest to everybody the use of a microSD to USB adapter instead!
For many reasons (Paolo's is one of them) including the much easier way to tranfer data to PC and Lapotos which are missing SD slots, transfering data at higher speed, using the SD cards in competitions (usually we have USB portson the refree's pc).

The price is very low, less than 1Euro, 0.5 GBP. Ebay gives you many choices, the best is the black and red one ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  10:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, but I was of course talking about PNAs that use SD cards, and nowadays SD (sdhc) are disappearing, leaving space for MicroSD with adapters.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  11:38:41  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use to secure it with one drop of superglue. After that, I had no more problems at all.
Go to Top of Page

jesperneerholt
Pulcino

25 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2014 :  18:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with my kingston SD micro card in my Sunbrite PNA. Sometimes the PNA can't see the SD card. It happens when i start the pna with external voltage on. Then i turn the pna off, and start again on internal voltage---and then i connect external voltage. Maybe the card is defect. But when using lk8000 ver 4 there no problems ever!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy