PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 alternative start point
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Vytautass
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  14:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

In start point menu isn't alternative start point bar, switch on or off.
How I can turn it on.
Program version 3.0c or d.
Please help

Vytautas, paragliding pilot _LK8000 V3.0d on Holux FunTrek 130 pro

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  13:53:01  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I couldn't understand what you asking for, sorry.

Can you explain in other words?

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 07/09/2012 13:53:17
Go to Top of Page

Fede
Pulcino

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2013 :  20:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, and sorry for get involved in the middle of you.
I'm new using lk.
After a few days trying to configure a task in which you have a previous turnpoint before the start point, is not possible to set the start point in other waypoint different of ther first.
This is a practice very common in the lasts paragliding contetitions.
I think is necessary to be able of set the start point in any turnpoint, being necessary to pass first by the previous turnpoints before the start point.
Once these previous turnpoints have been passed, is the time to activate the display of start point.
I've written this in facebook too.
I think this would be a good improvement for paragliding.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2013 :  21:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work on it, be patient ! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Fede
Pulcino

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  00:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much.

I've no hurry.

Simply i've suggested this improvement because i think this software is great and I'm decided to use it next competition season, and it would be brilliant to have it.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  03:56:46  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fede,

I think you are lucky... Bruno has done great stuff for paragliding mode! If he is going to work on this, for sure will work great! ;)
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  08:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people already use it in competition and I have very good return ...

for start point other than first, I think, It's not for V4, I need more time for do and test it correctly...
sorry, LK is not my job, just an hobby ...

best.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  09:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fede. Usually the takeoff is the first turnpoint in the task, but you don't need LK to locate that one :-) Just leave it out when entering the task on LK, and you will be fine. Many pilots use LK like this. Only the total task length will be different in your instrument compared to the others and the task board.

But of course I welcome any improvements from Bruno when time is ready for that :-)
Go to Top of Page

Fede
Pulcino

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  22:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Bo,

The way you describe is well when there isn't any turnpoint between the take off and the start point. You have only to remove the take off and all ok.
But if after the take off and before the start point there is other turnpoint, is not possible to do like you say.
I've found other solution: is necessary to prepare two tasks. The first with the previous turnpoint and the start point, and in the hour of the start gate I set the hour of window open. The second task will be: first the start point, with the real time of start gate and after the other waypoints normally. You start the task with the first task active, and once you have done the previous turnpoint and lk send you to the start (but without the correct hour of start gate), is necessary to load the second task and activate it. In this time how the second task have the correct time in start gate and the rest of the turnpoints, you can continue the rest of the task.
I haven't found other form to do this, because in the alternative points, is not possible to set a radius on the waypoint.
Do you agree with me?

I know this is more work for the developers of lk, and what this software is free.
I only comment this improvement for if in the future is possible.
Thanks so much again for this wonderfull software.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  23:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fede, you are right, I just never saw such a task, sorry. But if there is only one TP (excluding the physical takeoff) before the start of the task, you should be able to use Alternate 1 or 2. You may not be able to set the radius, but you will allways see the distance to this point. So if you can remember the radius it should be enough. If you need two TPs beforte task start, then both Alternate 1 and 2 can be used. These are easily selected with custom keys (multitargets), as you are probably well aware of. At least easier than loading tasks during flight...

Let me know if this makes any sense!

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Fede
Pulcino

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  00:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
the problem is, how I've written in facebook, it seems to be a problem to switch to alternative when you're on task, because it changes bearing and L / D required bar, but not the name of the waypoint up left, or the remaining distance to the waypoint. This can be a bug.

For this, until this problem is solved, i've thought in the method of the two tasks.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  00:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The next version has a new visualglide multimap with several waypoints automatically shown for arrival altitude, dist etc.
But only those in front of you. Maybe it is enough, I dont know for your case.

A more practical solution is easy and free: use the alternate 2 for example, set it to the first "align" waypoint, which has a radius of course, for example 3km.
When alternate 2 is showing 2999m you are inside the waypoint range, valid for starting the real task.
Of course there will be no bells and whistles for alerting you are near to the waypoint, but it is only an align pilon, once you are at a safe distance you cannot be wrong to think you are ok.

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  00:49:25  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Every year we have new "rules" in paragliding competitions. I don't know if Flymaster and Flytec are supporting this type of task right now.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  01:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought to add an option for choosing which waypoint must be used for TimeGate
this option can be added in time gate config ...
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  01:48:48  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a workaround, Bruno, not a solution. The task statistics will start upon passing the first turnpoint.
You get a wrong task system, but correct timegates doing that.
Be careful changing this stuff now! Leave it for 4.2 !

Go to Top of Page

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  04:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a look at the flytec manual it appears you can make any Wp a start point.
From the manual
Usually the start cylinder is in first position of the
Competition-Route. (However this is not mandatory).If during setting or changing the Competition-Route after marking a waypoint the key McC #1048635; /WP is pressed, the letter “S” for Start-Cylinder appears behind the WP name.Only if a WP is marked with “S” it is necessary to set also a Start time and as task:
ENTER or EXIT and the number of Startgates, as well as their chronological interval
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy