PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Holux 61
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

clouseau
Falchetto

Czech Republic
188 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  13:27:14  Show Profile  Visit clouseau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh Jesus, what a big picture! :-) Of course, why would not work? It's just a question of appropriate wiring...
Well is that you do not need RS232 to TTL converter.

PG Axis Polaris - Advance Impress 2 - Brauniger Compeo - GoFlyPico - Vertica V2 - Samsung S WiFi 5
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  16:34:38  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
three photos of final "production" light holder version:

wolf
---------
SOL paragliders and Holux aero GPS distributor
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  18:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice! One question: are the wires for gpio pins available ?
LK can already manage them, and people can configure them in LK as hardware custom key..
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  18:33:24  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Very nice! One question: are the wires for gpio pins available ?
LK can already manage them, and people can configure them in LK as hardware custom key..

These three photos covered final stage of cannibalization of original cradle. It means, that cable leaving photos, contains all 12 wires from connector.
Both versions will be used till moment, when will be developed similar solution, based not on the cradle, but on purchased parts, semiproducts, etc.
Original cradle or this light holder are available now, but each of them excluded second version. Therefore we worked on new connector only, but also on solution, which will be able for combining this holder with original cradle.

wolf
---------

Edited by - wolf_pg on 14/06/2012 18:59:48
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  18:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perfect, those pins have already been tested, they work just fine and are usable for a remote 4 button keypad (to start with).
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  23:27:19  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
4all: Document about available versions updated:http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/gpsmile61cs_aero_updated_versions.pdf" target="_blank"> http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/gpsmile61cs_aero_updated_versions.pdf

wolf
---------
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  17:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you confirm that the updated Sailplane/S001 version (dated 19.06.2012) is wired as proposed in http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/sailplane_revised.pdf ? (Wiring-diagram Sailplane/S001 new drawing)
The connector in the picture doesn't look like a miniUSB female connector

Edited by - rotor on 20/06/2012 21:03:19
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  18:49:46  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rotor

Can you confirm that the updated Sailplane/S001 version (dated 19.06.2012) is wired as proposed in http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/sailplane_revised.pdf ? (Wiring-diagram Sailplane/S001 new drawing)
The connector in the picture doesn't look like a miniUSB female connector

Wiring scheme is the same, USB female connector was rejected. USB connectors are not suitable from security point of view, because should be easily disconnected, generally.

Scope of delivery included both 2 pins connectors, male and female, appropriate pins, too.

Charging cables have different kind of sockets, e.g. RJ45, USB, etc., depending on manufacturer. This solution provide to customers possibility to buy cable with suitable connector to charging source on one side. Second end should be easily fixed in connector, which is part of delivery.

If you check photos of FF001 and XC001 you can see there usual terminal boxes, with screws only. Reason? Simplicity as possible.

Wiring schemes will be part of Users manual, which will be finished probably tomorrow - English version.

Another detail - black box on cables still remain, however I thought to remove it. Reason is that, that manufacturer was not able to explain us, what is inside...."protection against reversing of polarity". An I haven't interest to transfer ANY risk of unit damage to my customers.

I hope, that it will acceptable.

Another document update made 20:41.

wolf
---------

Edited by - wolf_pg on 20/06/2012 20:42:07
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  20:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, but how do I connect a GT-altimeter?
The miniUSB made it possible to connect this altimeter in between the 61CS and a batterypack.
Go to Top of Page

dc2mw
Pulcino

18 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  21:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The miniUSB made it possible to connect this altimeter in between the 61CS and a batterypack.

Hi rotor,

mini USB at cradle was not intended for power. Only data connection.
I you had one it would not charge internal battery.

In 61CS device settings, there is an option "USBClientSwitch".
Default is "Mass_Storage_Class"
There is an option "Serial_Class" to choose.
That could enable TTL via USB for miniUSB under battery cover...

I will try that on weekend when I have access to my glider, because if that worked it would be an easy way to use MIO400 and 61CS without changes in gliders wiring.

BR
Marcus

Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  22:06:39  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will try to eplain it more detailed:

1. USB connectors are not suitable for use in airbone conditions primarily. There is any lock mechanism, which is necessary for connection wires in any flying apparatus. Yes, they are used, but it is not good idea, really. When this particular connection is close to area for legs and or arms, disconnection risks arised.

2. You can plug in you GT altimeter to batterypack. GT altimeter could be connected by cable with USB connector on one side and suitable connector (part of 61CS delivery) or by free ends (in case of terminal block) to GPS unit. Yes, there are 5V DC present, but I am, let say, not willing to recommend to use it for charging 61CS unit. There is second, charging, connector, which preserve e.g. GT altimeter, or other "inserted" instrument, against overloading by higher levels of current.

wolf
---------
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  22:14:33  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dc2mw

In 61CS device settings, there is an option "USBClientSwitch".
Default is "Mass_Storage_Class"
There is an option "Serial_Class" to choose.
That could enable TTL via USB for miniUSB under battery cover...

I will try that on weekend when I have access to my glider, because if that worked it would be an easy way to use MIO400 and 61CS without changes in gliders wiring.

Hi Markus,
I like to wish you good luck...but I think, that you can spare time : We made several attempts to do it this way, but there is any TTL signal. Mini USB socket under battery lid should be used for charging or for downloading flights.

wolf
---------

Edited by - wolf_pg on 20/06/2012 22:15:15
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  23:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

In short:
- 2-pin connector, for external power only;
- female 9-pin sub D connector, for connection to other instruments;
- miniUSB under batterycover, for battery-charging and pc-connection.
Correct?
I still don't understand where/how to connect a GT-altimeter.
(When I have a battery-pack connected to the external power cable.)

Edited by - rotor on 20/06/2012 23:21:18
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  23:28:34  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

In short:
- 2-pin connector, for external power only
- female 9-pin sub D connector, for connection to other instruments
- miniUSB under batterycover, for battery-charging and pc-connection
Correct?
I still don't understand where/how to connect a GT-altimeter.

now, it is clear for me, too...

Answer is B001, where is 4 pins round screw connector with counter part with free ends on other cable side. There you can solder suitable male/female USB connector.

External barometric sensor with USB connectors is away from area of your hands and legs in this case.

Charging is similar case.

This cable is equipped with 2 pins round connector and free wires on other cable side . Black, rectangular box in the middle is converter 12V/5V DC.

wolf
---------

Edited by - wolf_pg on 21/06/2012 00:38:46
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  08:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that this 4-pin cable with free ends is part of delivery B001, correct?

Edited by - rotor on 21/06/2012 08:26:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy