PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Holux 61
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  09:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me get this right. If I want to continue with my present simple setup, and replace my trusty old 314 with a 61CS, I need the FF001. That lets me use my cigarette lighter adapter(iPAQ) lead plugged into my GT Altimeter, in turn plugged into the 61CS by mini USB. That just leaves one question, will my iPAQ compatible GT Altimeter work with the 61CS, or do I need the other version?
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  09:32:38  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rotor

I want to connect the 61CS to the Yoobao Powerbank 11200 mAh (output 5V 1A) in the Sailplane S001 configuration and put it on a RAM-mount in a glider.

1. Is it possible to show us a wiring-diagram of the 9 pin Sub D connector?

Sure:
http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/ttl232-schema_1.png

quote:
2. Is this wiring standard, can I connect an adaptercable (9 pin Sub D male - USB A) to connect it to the Yoobao Powerbank or do I have to make such a cable myself (using the GND and 5V pins only)?

Here was my fault, I listen badly to my electronic expert .... We decided to work with standard wiring schemes preferably, so that RS232 in 9 pin Sub D male WILL HAVE ANY CHARGING CONNECTION. 61 CS could be charged by separate USB mini B female connector on same cable as RS 232. I will make appropriate changes in Sailplane S001 wiring scheme a.s.a.p.

wolf
---------
SOL paragliders and Holux aero GPS distributor
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  10:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ehm, "Will have any charging" ? Does that mean that the rs232 will not carry any charging? Or the opposite?
And then, is this charging for powering the 61, or the opposite?

Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  10:21:42  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't understand wolfs scematic.

To make it clear:
the CS61 comes with a T-cable.
One end a serial port (TTL level)
One end a +5V power suply, for this end there is also a 12V/5V 1.5A DC/DC converter.

In order to operate with an external device (e.g. FLARM) the serial TTL must be converted to a real RS232 by a level shifter.

I did not like the quite big T-cable, I removed the original cable and placed the level shifter inside the cradle. Now I have only one cable with a real RS232 and 5V power supply.
For polarity safety I recomend to add a parallel diode (not in line to prevent the voltage drop). In case of wrong polarity this should blow the fuse instead of the PNA.
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  12:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here was my fault, I listen badly to my electronic expert .... We decided to work with standard wiring schemes preferably, so that RS232 in 9 pin Sub D male WILL HAVE ANY CHARGING CONNECTION. 61 CS could be charged by separate USB mini B female connector on same cable as RS 232. I will make appropriate changes in Sailplane S001 wiring scheme a.s.a.p.

Maybe a picture of the modified S001 cradle will help to clarify the situation (please point out which cable is for datatransfer and which is for power/charging).

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Edited by - rotor on 31/05/2012 12:32:39
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:02:55  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reply to Alpha Lima, posted - 31/05/2012 : 10:21:42 + Rotor, Posted - 31/05/2012 : 12:20:57 followed:

schemes in gpsmile61cs aero_versions_1.pdf file are for customers information only, not entitled as expert declarations ;-). I am sure, that we use same wiring scheme, but with diffrent end element. You have some kind of round connector, GPS unit charging included. I use 9pin sub D connector, but this connector common wiring scheme 5V charging pins are not allowed.
GPSmile61CS unit charging 5 V is done by mini USB socket,add to 9pin sub D connector. I decide to wire this USB as full TTL in common wiring again, so that customers can use TTL (e.g. for external barometric sensor, likes GT variometer) or "full" RS 232.

Rewiring is necessary, because connector on 61CS bottom contain 12 connectors, here we are used 4 of them only. Rest wire will be exploited later....

I am agree, that photo/picture is more than 1000 words, so I prepare more detailed file about this issue here: http://www.wolf-gear.com/images/stories/61cs/sailplane_revised.pdf

I hope, that this will be more understable.... ;-)

wolf
---------

Edited by - wolf_pg on 01/06/2012 16:33:22
Go to Top of Page

mazuk
Falchetto

Germany
132 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  18:38:03  Show Profile  Visit mazuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
question to the developers,

is it intentional to control the menu via the additional I/O of the 61cs cradle?
I can shift through the menus by using these inputs.

Ciao
Mazuk
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  23:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no such control of external switches for 61cs, yet.
And it is unlikely that there will be one in the next months..
Go to Top of Page

mazuk
Falchetto

Germany
132 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  09:33:36  Show Profile  Visit mazuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coolwind,

the funny thing is only, that I can shift through the menus via the additional inputs.
I found this by excident because I connected the GT-Altimeter directly to the cradle without the "black box" and this left the some wires open. When I started bending the cable I had the menu buttons popping up.
Not that I am asking for this feature I even didn't like it had to open the cable again and isolated the open ends of the not used wires.
Here the control:
GND to GPI01 steps Navigation menu
GND to GPI02 steps Info menu
GND to GPI03 steps Config menu
GND to GPI04 nothing
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  10:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah well, if I can create (anyone can create) switches by connecting directly the connector underneath the 61CS (with no cradle) than it makes sense to handle the buttons.
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  10:34:43  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
example of 61CS on window suction holder in sailplane (Basic verion)

Photo credit: Ivo Barton

wolf
---------
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  11:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check this portable solution:

http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6335
Go to Top of Page

rotor
Pulcino

59 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

I made it much simpler for me: since I want to use the miniUSB powering, just like with any other PNA, after a careful analysis of the problem (miniUSB beyond back cover) I came with a solution.

Got my Dremel, made a hole in the back cover. Took me 2 minutes. The hole seem to have been there since ever.

The mini-USB connector under the battery cover is for charging only?
Can I connect an external powersource and GT-altimeter as depicted in the GT manual?
See picture below:

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  15:26:52  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is for charging and connection to PC only.
Go to Top of Page

chris@lk8000
Pulcino

Cuba
44 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  01:39:30  Show Profile  Visit chris@lk8000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the Gofly pico known to work with the 61c?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy