PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Holux 61
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  17:08:29  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it is true, there is this new ROM version available.
Holux tried to make a own skin, unfortunately it is more or less unusable for our purposes.
As far as I know this is a alpha version.
@freitag: where did you get this device/version, can't believe that this was already installed?
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  18:12:14  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
61cs have one "hidden" file, which is contain some informations, what has to be started. I guess, that on this particular device, photo above" was installed some nav soft unsuccessfully....and this remain...

wolf
---------
SOL paragliders and Holux aero GPS distributor
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  23:37:13  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Custom...
=:)

- enrico

Edited by - freewing70 on 16/07/2012 23:37:53
Go to Top of Page

freitag
New Entry

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  11:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wolf for your skin and the support. Got LK8000 working now.

I got the device directly from Holux - was doing some unrelated business with them, and had them put a CS61 in my shipment. When I asked about why nothing happens when I click the Navigation button, the response was that they did not bundle it with any navigation software yet...

Bluetooth: With the original skin, after booting it, there is a message "No device paired! Please pair your device in the Settings." In the settings, I just managed to pair it with my phone, it said "paired with phone audio", don't know how that would be of much use, though. Pairing it with a Flytec 6030 and getting its NMEA output would be nice, but it's not a prerequisite for me right now.

Is there a way to reduce the volume in LK8000 permanently? My tinnitus gets company every time I turn it on and forget to cover the speaker with my hand. *** edit: never mind, found it. I had turned it down in Windows, but it was still extremely loud, so I thought the windows settings didn't have any effect. I now turned it to the lowest setting above "mute", it's still a little loud for my taste (at least when playing with it here at work *g) but about OK now. ***

Wolf, there seems to be some disagreement regarding the battery charge level between the indicator on your screen and the one within LK8000. Is there a way to adjust this? *** edit: never mind, found the section in your manual that speaks about it. ***

Edited by - freitag on 18/07/2012 11:26:44
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  11:59:20  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My skin has a volume control, but you need a SD card for it. Send me a PM.
Go to Top of Page

Airroad
New Entry

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2012 :  14:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there ant+ hardware hidden in the GPSmile61CS?
If so could we enable that.

Edited by - Airroad on 23/07/2012 14:26:41
Go to Top of Page

chris@lk8000
Pulcino

Cuba
44 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  17:58:59  Show Profile  Visit chris@lk8000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@all:
Anybody knows if Wolf is well? It seems I can't get an answer from him.

Go to Top of Page

GVACILOTTO
Pulcino

Brazil
83 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  18:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

My skin has a volume control, but you need a SD card for it. Send me a PM.

Alpha i would like to have this skin in my 61CS... Can you send me?
BR
Guilherme Vacilotto
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  09:32:57  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I decided to sell my brand new Holux61CS, used in 3 flights only.
Cables and original box included.

If anybody is interested, please contact me privatly via eMail writing to enrico1970 @ gmail. com

- enrico

Edited by - freewing70 on 04/08/2012 09:33:32
Go to Top of Page

mazuk
Falchetto

Germany
132 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  10:29:08  Show Profile  Visit mazuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anybody some more information about the registry settings used by the GPS.DLL?
SnapModeEnable
SetSnapMode

I Used yesterday during the flight SnapModeEnable=0 and the results are even worse so I am wondering if we can
change something here.

Ciao
Mazuk
Go to Top of Page

mazuk
Falchetto

Germany
132 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  13:13:23  Show Profile  Visit mazuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here a track with the registry setting SnapModeEnable=0
Looks funny almost not updating to frequently on the 61cs NEMA logging was ON.
Used as recording
Green ->Funtrek130 running LK8000
Blue ->Garmin Oregon300
Red ->61cs version 0.39

I have to apologize!
The odd looking track is the GARMIN OREGON300!!
Checked again and saw that I have imported the wrong file

Edited by - mazuk on 06/08/2012 15:51:45
Go to Top of Page

Jaros
Pulcino

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  13:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazuk

Has anybody some more information about the registry settings used by the GPS.DLL?
SnapModeEnable
SetSnapMode

Guys,
one way to narrow down the problem with registry settings is make a registry snapshot from Funtrek 130 and compare related to GPS keys with snapshot from Holux61CS.
Doing device cold reset before snapshot and setting up everything to factory defaults will help a little bit if there is already mess in registry settings made by user.

Maybe there is something similar, maybe not. But this is one of the troubleshooting ways to narrow down the problem.
Regards
Jarek
Go to Top of Page

mazuk
Falchetto

Germany
132 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  14:36:27  Show Profile  Visit mazuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did this already!
Different chipset!

I used / imported the settings from the FunTrek but nochange.
Ciao
Mazuk
Go to Top of Page

wolf_pg
Falchetto

Czech Republic
180 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  14:44:06  Show Profile  Visit wolf_pg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all whom have trouble to contact me in last two weeks:
I was on holidays in last two weeks..... with very bad connection to net... by GPRS only.
I returned just few minutes ago....

wolf
---------
SOL paragliders and Holux aero GPS distributor
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  20:12:58  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mazuk, looking at the pic comparing funtrek and cs61, on a scale distance of 75m, for me they are practically the same.
There is no problem on the cs61 gps in that track. Are we still talking about spotting a problem that does not exist there??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy