PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Version 2.3t available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  00:21:47  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-23T-UPGRADE.ZIP

Paragliders should check carefully the optim routes fixes.
Please hurry up because we must deliver the final 3.0.

Logbook is recording TOWING TIMES and TOWED QNH-QFE.
This is really a cool feature which many clubs will love.

Final version of LK 3 profiles has PILOT configuration.
So there are now: System, Aircraft, Pilot profile.

Airspace are still under rework, but we are close to the good version.
Nearest airspace analysis page is now part of the warning system.
The airspace side view is almost finished, and perfectly usable.
Tested in flight today.

Graphics layout changes, but bitmaps will appear only on 3.0 release.

Happy testing!

Version 2.3t January 14, 2012
------------------------------

NEW

. Pilot profile configuration separated by system profile.

. Profile full reset warning system
In profile-SYSTEM a virtual RESET LK8000 profile is selectable: if chosen, LK will reset
default aircraft, default pilot and default system profiles to factory defaults.
LK will display this pending situation on the splash screens.

CHANGES

- Flight Log Book changes/fixes:
(LogBook should be reset with the Reset Logbook button)

. CR/LF spare character in logbook generated by PNAs, appearing as a bad character
. Takeoff and Landing locations added, Pilot name, UTC times
. Add Towing time and towed altitude to the Flight Book
Will not be accurate of course for Winch launches!
It is active only for gliders, not paragliders.

. LoadSplash, load a bitmap on welcome screen background

Airspaces
---------
. Print airspace name in header line on warnings, remove unnecessary warning type.
. Make some room for analysis button in warning message.
. Change airspace warning window and call analysis airspace
. Info 1/2 Nearest airspace jumps directly into Analysis nearest Airspace
. Diagram colors inverted in Analysis Pages depending on Config 11 apearence

. Change Config 2/3 Clear marks moved to 3/3, Profiles moved to 2/3 and renamed Save System
. Save System profile button triggering Profiles, no more allowed to LOAD a profile on runtime.

Paragliders:
-----------

. Fix paraglider overlay showing SAFETY boxed in place of +1234 value for example.
. Fix PG Optimisation with Start In (Exit)
. Automatic Disable PGOptimize if only one Wp in task
. Don't draw optimized track for Wp before active Wp if PGOptimize=ON
. wrong optimization if two last cylinder are the same WPT.
. wrong optimized target when the distance to the cylinder is very small ....\

FIXES

. Fix possible critical problem locking the software (dead-lock)

. Draw thermal band under overlays
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5850

KNOWN BUGS FOUND, as of 17-jan:

- There is a memory leak (eating memory) when using profiles. If you play a lot with profiles on startup, for example loading and changing many times aircraft, pilot etc. then you may experience a crash on startup. If you fly with this version, do not play like a kid with profiles. This is fixed in 2.3u

- There is a memory limit reading a logbook from LK, which if oversized will crash the software on opening the list or details.
This is fixed in 2.3u

Edited by - Coolwind on 17/01/2012 21:16:57

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  01:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not Found

The requested URL /LK8000/LK8000-23T-UPGRADE.ZIP was not found on this server.

[LATER meant wait. Now it is online]

Edited by - Coolwind on 15/01/2012 01:42:01
Go to Top of Page

soarAK
Pulcino

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  04:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did some testing of the newest version tonight and I was somewhat surprised by slow speed of screen refresh on zoom changes. First the map gets drawn then there is a couple of seconds (maybe 1.5) of wait time and then the topology, task and everything else show up. Previously I was running 2.2d version and changing zoom was quite fast or let me say it differently I never noticed any wait time between map and topology painting. The device HP ipaq 310. The test mode is a replay of a log file.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  11:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not a news. It is the way zoom works on LK , allowing us to zoom quickly out and in.
This is not going to change, so dont ask.

p.s.
Topology appears after a few dozens of milliseconds, not after 1.5 second, even on very slow devices. But I did not check on the 314.

Edited by - Coolwind on 15/01/2012 11:09:53
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  13:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my 314 the scale changes almost instantaneously, as does the terrain, but the topology and waypoints take 2/2.5 secs. This happened after the zoom change a few versions back. The PC changes everything almost instantaneously, the M400 half a second faster than the 314.
I don't see it as a problem, I'm not going to get lost in 2.5 seconds.
Go to Top of Page

soarAK
Pulcino

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  14:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, well. You are the developer and it is your call but the new zoom implementation appears to be a step back in performance terms. I tested back to version 2.0 and zoom changes were instantaneous. This is no longer the case. On the most used zoom levels there is 1s very noticeable delay. I can send you a video if you want. On MIO 400 it is tiny bit better but still annoying.

P.S. The slower zoom implementation does not change my opinion that this is still the best software. I am just worried the complexity of all the features might be taking a toll on speed. I guess V1 has much faster processor than ipaq 310

Edited by - soarAK on 15/01/2012 15:31:22
Go to Top of Page

_Turbo_
Pulcino

50 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  17:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well... actually the Vertica V1 is advertised with the following CPU: "SiRF Atlas-V, 533MHz AT550" (http://www.verticasports.com/test2/?page_id=58&shopp_pid=24). The HP314 has a "Centrality Titan GPS V5" CPU with 600 MHz (http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=851&c=hewlett-packard_ipaq_300__310__312__314). Both devices have the same 128 MB RAM.
Go to Top of Page

nattila
Pulcino

Hungary
48 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  17:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I tested paraglider tasks. I had a problem with final glide. I made a task with two last cylinder are the same WPT. When I reached the outer cylinder LK switched to the inner. LK told 'above final glide' but the glide bar showed negative arrival altitude in red.
Maybe it is a setup problem, but please check it.
Go to Top of Page

soarAK
Pulcino

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  17:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure the Hp ipaq 314 can be forced to run at 600 MHz. I read a post somewhere that it mostly runs at half speed. You can qoogle this. I came across this some time ago. That explain why MIO runs a bit faster.
Go to Top of Page

soarAK
Pulcino

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  18:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spent at least 5 hours testing today running through my old files and everything looks really good with this version. Thank you guys!

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  18:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We test on Mio 400, slow CPU (50% speed of a Titan in a 314). Speed is not an issue in LK8000. If there are slowdowns, there has to be a reason for a single configuration or device. We shall change the zoom to bitmap stretch , like xcs does, but there was no time to do it in 3.0.
Go to Top of Page

n677cs
Pulcino

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  20:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tested for 2.5 hours on MIO S401, no issues to report, all functions seem to be working fine, I have not noticed any speed issues. Thanks to the LK team for their continues dedication and hard work, Palo your team is the best… Wish I could do more to help!

Mike Long
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  20:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With both my PNAs the zoom time gets longer with zooming out, more topology and airspace is having to be redrawn.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  01:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added KNOWN BUGS at the beginning of this thread. Bug found and solved concerning memory leak in profiles.

Another bug found concerning LogBook over 8k in size, will crash the sw. I am fixing .

Edited by - Coolwind on 17/01/2012 21:17:54
Go to Top of Page

nattila
Pulcino

Hungary
48 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  11:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I tested PG tasks and found some interesting situations.
Arifact: Paraglider
Type: Para DHV12
Max Speed: 50kh

Start situation. Glide bar shows +28m, but terrain line shows I wont reach the start cylinder

Final glide situation nearly the same. Glide bar shows +48m, but terrain line doesn't tell me the same

Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  17:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Did yo check the "Terrain height" setting in System setup page 6 Safety factors?

"Terrain height" affects the terrain line, see the help text for explanation, or check the manual.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy