PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Version 2.3P available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  03:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-23P-UPGRADE.ZIP

As I wrote last week, this time we switch to the new G record logger validation, abandoning the Windows-Microsoft dependent DLL.
This is (should be!) totally transparent for end-users.
The grecord validation is still the old one, using xcs key, while we get all contest's approval for our own validation key.
We should switch to our own key in a couple of weeks or so, it does not depend on us.

We are on target for code freeze next week, and then start updating of translations. However there are still some late improvements on the way, although nothing affecting the code so deeply as it happened during the last 2 months.

Please report any problem you may notice after logging (on PNAs and PDAs only, since PC will not add G Record). The new procedure is adding the GRecord at the end of logging, either manually or automatically detected.

This is the 16th beta version of 2.3, and soon we shall be passing to 2.99 as the code is frozen.

If you have any idea about the startup and shutdown sounds, new stuff I mean, or splash screens with new logs, please contact me.

I wish to thank, as usual, all developers and also in this case Kalman who helped me with the Grecord stuff.

Version 2.3p December 3, 2011
------------------------------

NEW

. New G record validation scheme, not using DLL anymore.
(Still using xcs key though).
We are adding new files in _System folder with Grecord stuff.
This is totally temporary. GRecord validation will not be available
for PC versions, only for PDA/PNAs.
This version is intended to be obsoleted by 3.0 G record validation soon.

. CHANGES
none

. FIXES

If using a custom folder on PC in place of My Documents/LK8000 (or whatever it is called on your pc),
then there were problems with saving task and saving history of gotos.

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  01:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bug, very sorry but the G record is not added in the logs of 2.3p! A last minute typo in the code has made G record reserved to.. test versions only.
In a few days I shall release 2.3q with this problem fixed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy