PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Sunlight readable Screens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

high-flyer
Pulcino

17 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  17:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

I doubt that having two ttl converters with double power supply for them will be simpler than a mux, but I cant be sure right now since I have no time to spend on the converter myself. I am trying to solve a problem with fonts on the V2.

Actually the modern MAX 3232 chips can handle two channels directly so only one power supply is needed...

if I connect two devices via K6Mux, can I declare tasks to both??
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  18:23:06  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No idea, you might ask them directly!
Go to Top of Page

glide
Pulcino

13 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  07:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paolo, yes, you are probably right.I did forget about the ability to power supply to devices. Well, I called Cambridge a few weeks ago to ask them to put a Flarm connection in the 302 like the V7 vario. I believe it is a cleanner solution and lots of 302 users like me would love the idea. Thank you very much, Delio
Go to Top of Page

GTStefan
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  16:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how much cost the v2?
is it availible now? where can I get one?
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  18:10:35  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will be available really soon!
Go to Top of Page

bakker
New Entry

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  20:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I am using the LK8000 now for 3 years and I think it is simply great. The limits for me are the user interface (also when big effords have been made) and the readability of the screen in real flight conditions on actually available PDA/PNA (I use a HX4700). I came accros a Craggy Ultimate with 6.5 inch transflective display with 1400 nits (declared)and I wouls like to know if someone uses it and what type of human interface was used.
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  21:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Graggy aero Ultimate is good... Check out the video's of Bruno Vassel on Youtube, he has a Graggy Aero Ultimate in his panel. Great setup! But he uses Seeyou mobile, LK8000 also works great on this thing as it is Windows CE based.

http://youtu.be/r00P8k9Cn2o

I have used the HX4700 for a while, years ago, but it is really crap compared to a Vertica, Craggy arero, Gliderguider.. even my old smartphone HTC HD2 was much better then the HX4700.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

bakker
New Entry

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  19:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a look at the video of Bruno Vassal on Youtube and the other video on the website of Craggy. The display look realy good and is far better than the Vertica V2 (and HX4700), it comes close to high-end products. In fact the price goes from 1629USD (5.7 Inch) up to 2499USD (6.5 Inch). Do you know of any products in the 500..1500 Euro range with a 5.7" - 6.5" with such a good contrast and brightness?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  20:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Craggy screen is good because it has no touchscreen coat. It is not touchscreen. It is very limited by using a trackball during the flight.
If 4.5 inches are enough, MiniMap by LX is a good choice and much brighter than Craggy .
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  14:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been thinking about the Craggy to buy as a panel solution together with the stick trackball.. As I use a trackball everyday in stead of a normal mouse, it would feel natural to me.. But the glider guider has won it because of price and portability, glad I did as I have flown several flights with it in club aircraft.

Because the glider guiders and Vertica's are sold out (maybe on the second hand market), if I would need something now, I would buy an Oudi 2 of Naviter. These 5 inch portable instruments are big enough to read everything, brightness is more then enough.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

bakker
New Entry

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  22:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a quick look at the LX MINImap II and visibility seems good. Also the 2 rotary switches and 3 pushbuttons add easy of use. Did I understand correctly that the brightness is better than Craggy even if there is a touch screen applied?

Do you know if the MINI-MAP II or Oudie can be upgraded to LINUX to run the future LK8000 Versions?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  22:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cant speak for the Craggy, but the brightness of MiniMap is pure brute-force backlight with an amazing contrast. I would say equivalent to lx8000-9000 .
And the touchscreen does work. It is also extremely fast hardware (twice faster than actually needed).
No idea about linux.
When you turn the knob for zoom, the result is instant.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy