PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 efficiency calculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SlimTom
Pulcino

42 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  22:31:36  Show Profile  Click to see SlimTom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have few questions:
- is required eff (and all connected calculations) calculated to the center of the cylinder (turning point) or it is calculated to cylinder?
(same for goal)

- what is AUTO Final Glide setting? I would like that instrument inform me when I have enough hight to reach the goal. Is this it?

Thanks....

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  01:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
center of cylinder. yes.
Go to Top of Page

SlimTom
Pulcino

42 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  23:42:13  Show Profile  Click to see SlimTom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there a reason why it is calculated to the center of cylinder? Because when big cylinder is set, the req.eff. can be much less and I would need less height to reach it especcially goal cylinder. The point to calculate could be either shortest way from current position to cylinder or point of shortest route between points(cylinders, optimised calc route).
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  00:31:29  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, since you have to enter the cylinder, and the cylinder can be even small as 500m, there is no difference in terms of GR, ETE, Arrival altitude etc. Of course if the cylinder is huge, it is a different issue.
And normally they call them AAT tasks, in fact.
Go to Top of Page

SlimTom
Pulcino

42 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  01:25:31  Show Profile  Click to see SlimTom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sure, but in paragliding, a 10 km cylinder is a problem if req.eff., (ete, arr
alt, etc) is calculated to the center. :-(. Actually, it is completelly useless.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  09:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats because we still have to fix it.
Go to Top of Page

SlimTom
Pulcino

42 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2014 :  19:03:10  Show Profile  Click to see SlimTom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry - but - is this solved?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2014 :  19:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are in Paragliding mode and PGoptimized route parameter is ON, optimized turn point is used for calculate :

- Next Req. Efficiency
- Next Arrival Alt @ Mc0
- Next Alt.Arrival
- Next Alt.Required
- Next Dist.
- Next ETE
- Next ETA
- Bearing Difference
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy