PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 New version 2.3C !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  21:10:28  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-23C-UPGRADE.ZIP

This was a long work indeed, and you can judge by yourself simply reading the long list of new things, changes and fixes.
Although I have been flying with this version for several hours already, and things like airspaces, thermal page etc. are ok in my opinion, some features such like Optimized routes are still to be checked: in fact,this is a beta version!

Beware: YOU MUST USE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SETUP to use the 2.3c MENU buttons, because I had no time to change manually all other language MENU files (while we are still changing menu, no reason to do it).
Remember to choose ENGLISH language in config page 1.

So here we go with the long list of changes.
Please read it carefully.

Thanks to all developers of course!
Mat, Kalman, Richard, Kuba, Karim.

I think you all have a lot of things to test, try, play with.
Enjoy!

Version 2.3C

NEW

. New support for Medion S3747 aka Royaltek BV-3200 aka other brands. Baro altitude is managed.

. New support for Holux FunTrek aka CompeGps rebranded device, full support for battery power,
resolution, baro altitude etc.

. New page 3.3 Thermal History

This page can be also disabled as usual. It will list up to 50 thermals, out of a max 100,
related to current flight. Thermals cannot be saved!
Each thermal listed is showing usual values as in the nearest page, and the average lift.
You can sort by distance, bearing, lift and name.

The thermal name is the local time you entered the thermal , example: th1437 if you entered
this thermal at 2:37pm .

Selecting as usual a thermal will pop up a page where you can SELECT it.
Once selected, the thermal is assigned to the L> multitarget, and you are instantly brought
to L> moving map.

- In the thermal details page, a Team Code is shown in order to let you broadcast via radio
the position of this thermal to friends.

- A nearby location is shown also in thermal details title window
The nearest waypoint within 15km is used for this purpose.

After a new thermal is detected (after thermalling), this thermal is automatically assigned to
the L> multitarget.

The L> is always showing the thermal name, ex. H1237 and no more a simple "THERMAL".
In the 3.3 page, the selected thermal has its name leaded by a > .
Example: >H1237

The 3.3 page is listing red and italic all thermals that are currently unreachable.

>> The thermal position is assigned using the aircraft position just after started thermalling,
and its altitude. Thus you will be pointed exactly to the place you were (right or wrong)
just before you started climbing. <<

When selecting multitarget L> in map mode, a circle will appear around the
center of the selected thermal, at high zoom levels.
The circle will not appear at low zoom levels, being not enough visible on
a small screen.
The circle is drawn around the thermal center, while the multipoint L> target
is slightly different because it is indicating the point you have actually
entered the thermal, and its altitude.
Thus on the moving map you will see both the entering point, and the thermal center,
giving you an exact idea of how you started thermalling there, and were you ended up to.

Some thermals are added for the simulator, appearing in 3.3 in SIM mode only.
The closest thermal is .. real for the SIM, meaning that going to that
thermal will show real sink and lift!

. New ALTITUDE ALARMS in Menu Config 15

There are 3 available altitude (height, really) alarms available.
An alarm will be triggered everytime the configured altitude is reached or crossed.
The alarm will not be repeated within the next 60 seconds.
After 1 minute, if altitude has been lower than Max Altitude and then becomes higher again, alarm will sound again.
To disable this alarm, set it to 0.
The altitude used for alarm is the one chosen in Config menu 5 "Use baro altitude".
Multiple alarms set at the same altitude will have no effect.
Glider pilots should be careful not to set alarms below a safety altitude, during critical phases of flight.
Each alarm can be repeated max 30 times. After 30 times, an alarm will automatically self disable for the current flight.
The visual alarm message automatically disappears after 12 seconds.
Each alarm has a custom sound that can be changed inside _System _Sounds folder.
They are named LK_ALARM_ALTx.WAV
Default is 0 (no alarm).

. Optimized routes for paragliders.
Draft, but fully working. Leaning on AAT locked target and virtual waypoints, a pretty effective result.
THANKS to Donato, DigiFly Europe, for some important parts of the code, help, and support!

Optimization can be enabled in Paragliders config menu 23, and as a customkey.
When enabled, the T> overlay, the Next waypoint distance, altitude diff, bearing etc.
are all related to the optimized turn point on the cylinder.
The correct optimized point of turn is visualized also.
The optimized turnpoint is named with a "!" leading. Example: turnpoint name is "JACKHILL"
as optimized point it will appear as T>!JACKHILL and also in turnpoint list and nearest pages.
This is a virtual waypoint, like thermal, takeoff etc.

Since Optimized Route (O.R.) rely on the internal AAT engine for gliders, it is better that
paragliders check the TARGET cylinder radius to be at -100% , in order to let the calculator
consider the max radius as a turnpoint. By default, but only when you create a new task as
paraglider with this version, all radius are set to -100%. To check, menu NAV 2/3 and then
"Target" , then select turnpoints exluding first and last (start and finish).
Check that Range is -100%, and Radial is 0.

. New Configurable AutoMC on/off on startup, and new overlay indicators aside MC overlay.
When autoMC is enabled, an "A" is painted aside MC overlay.
AutoMC indicator is : F (Final glide) A (Average climb) E (Equivalent)

. New AutoMC buttons and configuration. It is possible to change AutoMC type at runtime now.
The AutoMC mode is shown as overlay indicator, and through MC buttons a pilot can change
on the fly MC among manual and all auto modes. Configuration is kept for default value.

. New device driver for Westerboer VW1150

. New customkeys: Airspace Analysis and Toggle Map<>Airspaces page

. New customkeys: Zoom in, Zoom in more, Zoom out, Zoom out more.

. New customkey: Toggle Optimize Route
Optimize route is a function for paragliders only, right now.

. New Airspace details page, two new buttons for SELECT and ANALYSIS.

SELECT is used to choose an airspace to be monitored for Hdist and Vdist infoboxes.
We call the Selected airspace "Preferred".

. New airspace 2.4 page flags (the * column on the right)
E = Enabled
D = Disabled
S = Selected
F = Fly-In modality

When flying inside an airspace, the Distance instead of 0 is showing IN
When flying near an airspace in yellow condition, the Distance is showing a trailing "!".

All 2.4 rows are painted white, red or yellow (light colors) following alerting situation.

. New airspace drawing options for drawing airspaces with borders and outlines
This will actually tell you at a glance where is the internal side of airspace.
(Warning, this can slow down devices with high screen resolution or slow processor, use with caution!)

. Support 320x234 and 234x320 screen resolutions. Preliminary.
. Support for 240x400 portrait mode

. LOCK mode (Config 1, Lock Mode button) is available for all aircraft modes.
Paragliding/Hanggliding mode will automatically unlock the device a few seconds after takeoff.
Other modes (car, GA, gliding) will keep device locked until manually unlocked.
This is useful on some devices that are pocket-sized such as Funtrek.

. Add ACT indicator in mapscale for ActiveMap status
ActiveMap can be enabled/disabled with both a customkey and menu button.
When it is enabled, the indicator appears near the map scale.

. New support for Zander ZS1 including MC and Wind

. New extended polars with flaps extensions for flaps support:
SZD-38A Jantar
LS-6-15
Lak17A-15
Lak17A-18
Nimbus 4
SZD-56-2 Diana2
Ventus 2Cx (18m)

. Add PREROTATE and ENDROTATE external execution programs.
PREROTATE1.exe PREROTATE2.exe and PREROTATE3.exe will be executed before anything else.
On exit, ENDROTATE1.exe ENDROTATE2.exe ENDROTATE3.exe will be executed before ENDLOAD_99.EXE .
Example of how to make the screen rotate 90 degrees on startup, and make it back normal on exit:
- Copy rotate.exe from System CEUtils folder of LK in the LK8000 folder, where LK8000-PNA.exe is.
- Rename rotate.exe into PREROTATE1.exe
- Copy rotate.exe again, and rename to ENDROTATE1.exe
- Copy rotate.exe again, and rename to ENDROTATE2.exe
- Copy rotate.exe again, and rename to ENDROTATE3.exe

This way, screen is rotate to 90 degrees on startup, and by 270 degrees on exit.

. Reset FLARM after a task declaration.

CHANGES

. Huge code cleanup, smaller executable size.

. IBOX mode is no more available (button still there, but no effect)

. WEATHER support for RASP is no more available.

. Weather button no more available in menu.

. Enable Contest Engine also for non-glider aircrafts, IF infopage 1.5 is enabled.

This means that using glider mode will not require 1.5 to be enabled.
But using paragliding, GA or Car mode will require 1.5 to BE ENABLED otherwise the
calculation engine will NOT run.
Be careful enabling during flight calculation engine, because all previous point since the
takeoff will not be valid, and the freeflight detection will be wrong of course.
(This feature was really added in 2.3B but forgotten to be mentioned!)

. Show overlay BEARING while circling.
We could not display bearing difference while thermalling, because it was constantly changing.

. Use manually selected airspace for distance infoboxes.
In order to see Hdist and Vdist infoboxes, an airspace must be selected from Airspace details page.

. Airspace warnings working only after 1 minute have passed since takeoff
This is to reduce pilot overload during critical phases of flight.

. (2.3) ArSpcH Airspace Horizontal distance below 1000m (~3300ft) will display 2 decimals.
Example, instead of 0.7km it will show 743m .

. Glide terrain shadow appearing also when not flying, in SIM mode and with an altitude over terrain >100m.

. Enlarge fonts for 400x240 resolution. Nearest pages have now 6 rows.
Better visibility on small screens.

. Following configuration items were REMOVED from Engineering mode, thus becoming PERMANENTLY removed from LK:

- VirtualKeys
VirtualKeys were obsoleted when the new SIM system was active. No need to use them anymore.
They were basically used at the very beginning of LK to change altitude and speed in infoboxes
for simulations. Active map is now available on demand by a simple button at runtime.

- MapLock
The old maplock system is permanently removed from the code.
Paragliders have a new screen locking mechanism, much better.

- STF Risk Factor
- Block Speed To Fly
- Text Input Style
- Animation
- Status Message alignement
- WindArrow

. Following configuration items are MOVED to Engineering mode, thus becoming candidated for permanent removal from LK:

. ActiveMap
ActiveMap is a good candidate for no configuration. There is a button to activate active map on demand.
There is also a customkey for it.

. AAT min time step is now 5 minutes, and no more 10

. Traffic page updated for data only every 5 seconds, like all nearest pages.

FIXES

. Fix problem with HP314 resetting flight stats

. Fix do not allow resizing menu buttons on PNA 800x480 devices

. Bugfix Logger problem: it may not write correctly the entire task declaration to IGC file.

. Fix possible crash upon switching off and back on after some hours the PNA during flight.

. Fix problem with huge waypoint files, when turnpoints and landables > 500 in the range of 75km (tps) or 150km (lnd).
This is a borderline situation, but may happen expecially with turnpoints since we use flat land distance approximation.
We are talking about having more than 500 waypoint around us, in 75km radius.

. Fix update in-range waypoint list when we get first valid GPS fix! Update also on SIMMODE pan reposition.
This was an annoying problem: the nearest pages were made using a range waypoint list that was using
as a current position our homewaypoint, or our center-terrain (assigned as Takeoff, which was assigned to HomeWaypoint).
This is ok, but only until we do get a real valid fix. Now as soon as we get the first valid fix, we
recalculate the in-range waypoints.

. Fixed (2.3) "unknown airspace warning message" when a message gets repeated during flying outside a fly zone
. Fixed (2.3) Do not calculate airspace data when no valid gps fix

. Fixed no nearest turnpoints showing if no landables were available in at least on waypoint file.
Bug introduced when nearest turnpoint pages and landables were unified at code level. Very old.

. Fix (2.3) dlgairspacedetails range field, displaying "to enter" or "to leave" based on horiz ditance, not inside, which includes altitude as well.

. Fix bug AAT next waypoint target bearing and bearing diff wrong .
They were always related to waypoint center, and not to the target

. Task Edit / Analysis will bring to task analysis page, which was not working.

. Fix glidebar painting arrow based on a value that was ignoring safetyMC in some cases.

. Fix LK not checking battery with LKBatteryManager while inside infopages. This might result in delayed warnings about battery.

. Fix (2.3) Flaps using characters for name, and not a number. This was a real problem, since you could not assign for
example S1 to a flap position related to a IAS speed, for example.

. Fix (2.3) bug in infopage traffic, not advancing beyond first page.

. Fix airspace parser arc and sector calc
If someone wants to make an arc within 0-7.5degree or (360-7.5)-360 degree range nothing added to the polygon list...

. Fix replay logger problem not resetting some variables in flightstats

This will not solve at 100% all replay problems when replaying several IGC files. Currently the only safe solution is
to restart LK to be sure all statistics are reset correctly.

. Fix bug not calculating TC.Avg and Th.All at flight startup.

LKCalculation freeflight detection was resetting StartClimbMode and this was bad.
Because StartClimbMode is set before we actually start climbing, and discarded if
after a few turns we are not really circling.
FF engine is also using the first thermal to detect FF, and this was causing a sort of a loop.
The problem was more likely to appear only in IGC flight replay mode in simulation.
However, even in real flight there was 1/100 of chances to get this (minor) problem.

Edited by - Coolwind on 29/07/2011 22:15:45

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  01:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All good stuff, as far as I can see :-)

First cosmetic observation on MIO400, portrait:

Selected airspace symbol (S) in 2.4 nearest page overlaps with the degree sign
Go to Top of Page

pbwild
Pulcino

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  12:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I use a TwoNav Aventura from CompeGPS (similar to the Holux Funtrek). I have selected the Holux in the system config and also selected use baro height for calculations, but I don't get a reading on the HBaro when I have this selected on AUX9 display.
Is this a problem or am I doing something wrong?
Is there another way to tell if the baro altitude is being used by LK8000?

Thanks,
Peter
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  00:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The TwoNav Aventura is a different hardware. As far as I can see, the TwoNav Sportiva is the Holux Funtrek. In other words, the Aventura is not supported for baro altitude.
Go to Top of Page

scorpi
Pulcino

Czech Republic
25 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  15:39:30  Show Profile  Visit scorpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to hear about Royaltek support!
But I don't know what to change in setting to make Royaltek running fully with baro...I don't see any device "Royaltek" etc. and baro altitude is always 0. What is the magic...?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Model type in config
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  20:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
many thanks to the developers for the new release, of course it is already in use :-)

Can you give me an information which records from Westerboer are used by LK now (all together there are five records) ?

Paolo,
a few weeks ago you wrote anywhere that - in case of using Westerboer driver - we should disable a certain record sent by Flarm. Can you write it again, please (I do not find this info anymore)

Regards
Kai
Go to Top of Page

dc2mw
Pulcino

18 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  15:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just played a bit with Condor and 2.3C ...
I noticed a strange behaviour regarding thermal history in combination with multitarget.

I had selected an old thermal (TH1350) as target (L>TH13) and entered a new thermal at 14:11.
When leaving this thermal the label printed onto map was 1350 instead 1411.
On thermal page 3.3 the new thermal TH1411 shows a ">".
But on map screen I still see L>TH13 and not the thermal that is selected at the moment.
Cycling multitargets will give L>TH13 again and again, when I select again (the automatically selected) TH1411 on thermal page 3.3 the multitarget is updated to L>TH14.

If a task waypoint was selected (T>XYZ) If no task WP was selected (T> ---) before entering a thermal everything works fine.

BR
Marcus

Edited by - dc2mw on 01/08/2011 22:10:13
Go to Top of Page

nattila
Pulcino

Hungary
48 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  20:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello

I updated to 2.3c and I can't select (can't see in the list) .WPT waypoint files. Is this a bug or did you remove support of this filetype?

thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  23:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I left for vacations with the family, and for the next weeks I shall be pretty quiet and slow-connected, so please do not expect fast answers.
I will check for the last thermal, that's strange because 3.3 is indicating > so the 1411 is really selected, thanks for spotting it.
WPT should load. If they dont, it is a bug in 2.3c. I did not remove at all such support.
I shall check also this. thx

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  00:02:31  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Paolo,

I really want to thank you for this new version, I didn't have time to test it really deep but I test the new options for paragliding and I'm loving it! I hope you can add on the Task Menu the task distance with and without the optimize route.

Do you think is possible to add the start waypoint only to check the total task distance?

Regards
Sergio
Go to Top of Page

Romson
Pulcino

Slovakia
8 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  00:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Romson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paolo ciao,

I was using beta 2.3A with my WayteQ and ERIXX and all was OK.
Now I'm trying to upgrade to newest beta, but I can't start LK.

It's no problem as there are holidays in AVA but still....I don't know what am I doing wrong.
I tried reinstallation of newest 2.2 and update but it didn't help.

Msg: NO SYSTEM DIRECTORY Check Installation!

and

Msg: \ResidentFlash\LK8000\_System (but I use WayteQ internal memory)

Failures.log:

00000000-00:00:00 [000131038] FailStore Start, Version 23c ( PNA) FreeRam=99766272
Message: ERROR NO SOUNDS DIRECTORY CHECKFILE <\ResidentFlash\LK8000\_System\_Sounds\_SOUNDS>

GPSINFO: Latitude=0.000000 Longitude=0.000000 Altitude=0.000000 Speed=0.000000
------
00000000-00:00:00 [000039141] FailStore Start, Version 23c ( PNA) FreeRam=98983936
Message: ERROR NO SOUNDS DIRECTORY CHECKFILE <\ResidentFlash\LK8000\_System\_Sounds\_SOUNDS>

------
00000000-00:00:00 [000240273] FailStore Start, Version 23c ( PNA) FreeRam=98889728

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  00:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You must install all files in the upgrade distributions.
Go to Top of Page

Romson
Pulcino

Slovakia
8 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  00:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Romson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paolo I did, but when I downloaded zip file in system directory was only _CEUtilities and _Sounds. Anyway I managed to start it (I used rest of the files from 2.2e ... so I will see. Maybe I'm just LAMA and I do something wrong, but I tried several times.

Now it is running so I will see. If the ERIXX declaration is working etc.

See you.

R.
Go to Top of Page

Romson
Pulcino

Slovakia
8 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  01:40:18  Show Profile  Visit Romson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally found the problem. I'm using Mac and you can't simply copy all directories...you have to copy file by file in to proper directory of PNA :-)
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  13:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting polling mode now:
Now way to get an answer for my questions from 31.7.?
Regards
Kai

Edited by - Kai on 03/08/2011 19:47:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy