PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Installing ConnectMe to Mio M400
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asko
Pulcino

Finland
32 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  20:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Has anyone managed to install ConnectMe to M400 using Vista?

I succeeded to install ConnectMe to ipaq314 after I changed usbclient from "Mass_storage_class" to "Serial_class" in ipaq314 control panel. Then I used Vista's Windows Mobile Device Center (I quess it works like ActiveSync in XP).

The problem is, that there is no "usbClientSwitch" icon in M400 control panel.

Any suggestions?

Asko

Michel
Pulcino

79 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  20:43:47  Show Profile  Visit Michel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The following worked on my HP314, installing Connectme via a cab file, and will probably also work on the Mio M400. Posted somewhere else on the forum: "when downloaded from the Naviter site, Connectme comes as a .exe file. When installing on my phone via Activesync my phone asks if I want to install a cab file. But the cab file itself I couldn't find. Now I have. Just install Connectme without having your pda or phone connecting to your PC. Your PC will say it will install it next time you connect your pda or phone to your PC. Now look, I use Vista, in C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\ConnectMe and there are 2 cab files. Pick the right one for your machine. So, this is how I just installed Connectme on my HP314. In XP or Windows 7 there might be another Activesync directory somewhere where the cab files are temporarily stored.".
Go to Top of Page

Berto
Pterodattilo

Italy
1286 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  22:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To install ConnectMe you to M400 you have just to copy the program directory.

I have done it both with Vista and with Windows XP: I just plug the M400 in the USB port and Vista sees it as an external USB drive, I copy ConnectMe directory and it's done.
To tell the truth I copy the whole unlock (which includes ConnectMe) at once, but teh procedure doesn't change, it's a matter of accessing the Flash memory, I take it that you don't see the M400 with Vista?

Marco Bertoluzza
AVM Voghera

... intanto mettilo a terra, poi parliamo dopo ...
Go to Top of Page

Asko
Pulcino

Finland
32 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  22:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see M400 as a disk drive (I've installed LK and copied my flights to PC). I've used Vista all the time with M400. I just thougth that ConnectMe should be installed with ActiveSync (as Naviter instructed).

I'll try the copy method next. Thanks Michel and Berto.

Asko
Go to Top of Page

Berto
Pterodattilo

Italy
1286 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  23:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loaded the ConnectMe version that's included in GliderTools' unlock.
I don't know about teh install files that you can download from Naviter, but if they don't work try downloadin gVladimir's unlock.

Marco Bertoluzza
AVM Voghera

... intanto mettilo a terra, poi parliamo dopo ...
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own a Mio 400.
To unlock it, I used the unlock suggested by Paolo.
I'm not successful trying to install Connect Me or Connect LX.
Copying the exe file is not a solution, as the Exe is not a Windows CE application.
I tried with Michel method, but I wasn't successful too: while the internal installer expands the CAB file, I receive the message that some DLL files are missing and installation is not concluded. That happens trying to install both applications.
I did not try Vladimir unlock as I would like to keep the flexibility of a typical Windows CE skin.
This problem continues: I know that Vladimir skin has already Connect Me, but, if you want to install any other application that uses Active Sync, you are in risk of not being successful.
If I know what components are installed, maybe installing in a Wayteq and copying to Mio... I have to try it. :-)

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A

Edited by - JPRosa on 27/05/2011 16:30:16
Go to Top of Page

Asko
Pulcino

Finland
32 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  17:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, now it works!

I did as Berto told: downloaded Glidertool's zip package (http://store.glidertools.com/M400_LK8000_UNLOCK.ZIP), unzipped it to PC and just copied whole directory "mSeeYou" to the root of M400 (nothing else was copied). I've used Allan Broadribbs unzip method all the time (http://lk8000.it/hardware/pnas/100-mio-m400-install-procedure.html). Finally I created ConnectMe shortcut according to Allan's instructions.

Not tested in glider yet, but it seems alike the one in ipaq314.

Asko

Edited by - Asko on 27/05/2011 17:23:58
Go to Top of Page

JPRosa
Falchetto

Portugal
112 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  10:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Asko
It worked with me too.
Anyway, it only worked because we copied and installed version.
It's a limitation to any other application that requires Active Sync.
But, for the moment, problems are solved.

Joćo Rosa
ASW20 CL
Janus A
Go to Top of Page

katfly
Pulcino

Netherlands
49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  15:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Usually after install ( before letting activesync to do the transfer ) there is a corresponding .cab file created in /program files/programname ,i found easier to copy that file and execute it than letting activesync to work.
Go to Top of Page

glider26
Pulcino

France
11 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  12:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone can give me the last version of "ConnectMe" (V2.30) ?

I have a MIO M400 with GliderTools's unlocker, I Can't switch "Mass_storage_class" to "Serial_class", also I can't install the ConnectMe programm from naviter's site.

In the downloaded Glidertool's zip package, it is the ConnectMe v2.17

The last version v2.30 Support for Flarm (firmware 5.x)

Thank you very much
Go to Top of Page

glider26
Pulcino

France
11 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  23:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found It:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XALEC5N
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy