PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 OLC and other contests in LK8000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

clouseau
Falchetto

Czech Republic
188 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  23:31:45  Show Profile  Visit clouseau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I understood and accept Your privilege. Thank You, good work.
I have the experience on real flight...I tried triangel assistant in SeeYou mobile app. and it is perfect and very usefull function. The distance between my eyes and MIO M400 is about 40 cm and all informations on display is very good readable. LK8000 is better soft than SeeYou for XC paragliders ( especially control in gloves, thermal assistant etc.) ...missing only a little for the best of all :-)

PG Axis Polaris - Advance Impress 2 - Brauniger Compeo - GoFlyPico - Vertica V2 - Samsung S WiFi 5
Go to Top of Page

Hanz
New Entry

Czech Republic
1 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  20:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

We have a long list of things in the queue already!
I will privilege items concerning:
- reduction of menu items
- easy to use
- reduction of configuration
- usable on a 4 inches screen at 480x272 resolution, from 50cm distance
(this is compulsory)

Anything that cannot be use on a small screen from 50cm distance, is not worth adding.
Reason: plain useless. Hangarware. We must consider the condition under which the pilot would be using the feature. If we find a solution, we add it.
So I cannot say if and when we can add such feature right now.

- reduction of menu items - YES
- easy to use - YES
- reduction of configuration - YES
FAI assistant - YES YES YES, please!!!
As Scorpi and Clouseau wrote, FAI assistant is the only missing feautre in LK8000. The other missing thing (at least for us paragliding pilots) is the user friendliness.
If you could include the implementation of the FAI triangle assistant to your priorities list, we would be very thankful!
Many thanks!
Hanz
Go to Top of Page

Misugen
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  14:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We know many soaring softs, SeeYou, LK8000, XCSoar and others, but nothing can be excellent...Now I test LK and it seems like a winner for this season. Im looking for an usefull soft for gliding and paragliding too. I think these contest supports in 2.2 are perfect, but especially for declarated tasks.
So I have to say thumbs up for "realtime FAI assistant" and this way to finish paraglider profile, I belive it in next release ;)
But most important: Thanks for LK, good job guys :)
Tom
Go to Top of Page

s.dietmar
New Entry

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  15:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some news to FAI assistant? I really miss this function. It's right, a competition pilot don't need this function, but for an OLC Pilot it's a really good tool. Here a result of a missing FAI assistant. http://www.xcontest.org/2011/world/de/fluge/details/:Didi/7.5.2011/09:38

I hope, the FAI assistant get more prioritiy and will come soon :-)
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

thomasg
Pulcino

60 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  04:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like lk8000 and how intensively it is worked on.
As said earlier, the olc calculation works very accurate now.
I anyway still really hope for two features before the season starts, because they would help olc flying pilots very much during unplanned open flights:
A) an olc restart button - since a powered glider might use the engine in flight and olc counting needs to be restarted. Such a reset functiin should not be too difficult? Correct?
B) a fai triangle "advisor" to help making an unplanned flight as effective ( olc points) as possible.

Sorry for repeating those requests, but i am convinced many pilots would be gracious.
Thanks
Thomas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy