PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Linux / Android port
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ch4mp
Pulcino

France
19 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have read that efforts are made to port XCSoar to Linux (and Android).
Have an idea of when this could be finished ?
If this succeeds, would it be hard work to port LK8000 too or have branches grown too far ?

The reason of this questions is the multiplication of smart-phones and tablet-PCs that would be nice devices for LK8000 ... if running Windows Mobile.

It should be possible to soon find pads like Freescale one that have 7" 1024x600 touchscreen, bluetooth and optional GPS chip at 200€-300€, but running on Linux.
This with bluetooth elctonic vario and flarm would be amazing.

Best regards

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  00:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no idea of current status of porting to linux of xcsoar.
The new 6.0 is totally different at source level from the old 5.2.4 version I contributed to.
For sure, LK8000 is a very debugged version of 5.2.4, making it very stable and consolidated, with all calculations stuff and GUI well tested, plus tons of new features and thousands of hours of tests by many betatesters.

There are a lot of pads running embedded windows xp, too.
At present I don't plan to move to linux or android. My point of view is: before porting to another platform, first make it work with no bugs on the original one.
That's what I am doing...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy