PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 CompeGPS (DONE)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  10:41:29  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that if we want that LK8000 could be used by more paragliding and delta pilots, CompeGPS, OziExplorer and Garmin waypoints formats have to be supported by default on LK8000.

For me this a top priority!

Edited by - Coolwind on 17/02/2010 03:33:59

Tiberio
Falchetto

Italy
101 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  18:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Tiberio's Homepage  Click to see Tiberio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TiGuy82

I'm sure that if we want that LK8000 could be used by more paragliding and delta pilots, CompeGPS, OziExplorer and Garmin waypoints formats have to be supported by default on LK8000.

For me this a top priority!

I agree, we have to "translate" waypaoint file to use them by lk8000.
Native wpt files support could more paraglider be involved...

Ciao

Tiberio G.- sulparapendio.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  19:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For paraglider pilots using GPSDump in competitions, the problem is very small, since GPSDump now can save waypoint files as .dat, and also SeeYou .cup. The latest GPSDump has an error in the conversion to .dat though, but it will soon be fixed.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  21:12:12  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did you talk with the GPSDUmp programmer about it?
Go to Top of Page

Tiberio
Falchetto

Italy
101 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  22:28:06  Show Profile  Visit Tiberio's Homepage  Click to see Tiberio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Paragliders use compegps, compeGPS is the most used software in paragliding world... In Italy for sure! Very little people use MaxPunkte, Oziexplorer, SeeYou..

Many paraglider pilots has to use CompeGPS in competition, so they become compegps user... even for individual XC flight management.
I'm referring to regional (more little than national) competition

Many organization don't use SeeYou nor GPSdump... so pilots has to upload waypoints to LK a day before comp. If waypoint are chandged... LK is unusable for them!
That's a cause I was asking for garmin proprietary sentences protocol implementation... By it we could down/upload waypoint LK2GPS and GPS2LK

Ciao

Tiberio G.- sulparapendio.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  22:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do they give you a compeGPS file with turnpoints, at competitions?
May I have one of those?
Where do they put that file? On your device, or on your SD card?
How does it work?
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  23:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most pilots use Flytec, Brauniger, Garmin, Airoctec etc, and these units must get waypoints uploaded by CompeGPS, GPSDump or similar programs. Usually the organizer provides a computer set up with the most common cables to transfer the waypoints. The source of these waypoints is a .wpt file or some other format. Pilots with LK and similar software are rare birds in the paragliding world, and have to improvise.. If you can get a copy of the original waypoint file its just a matter of converting it to .dat with GPSBabel. But the competition organizers do not necessary have such software installed, so the pilot will have to bring a computer. Imagine the stress level if there are last minute changes...

I have had contact with the developer of GPSDump, yes. The next release will have corrected a mixup in the current translation.

If there is any chance to get .dat support in CompeGPS and similar software, that would be a good solution. Do these softwares support the SeeYou .cup format?

Edited by - bo. on 30/01/2010 23:35:40
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  23:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the most reasonable solution is to integrate compeGPS file import into LK.
I need an example of wp data from compegps.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  01:46:56  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I posted them on paragliding forum while ago (Waypoints from Paragliding World Cup):
http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=163835#163835

As I've been told, most of the competitions use compeGPS.

Paolo, I just sent them for you!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  19:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't find a decent documentation about CompeGPS waypoint file format.
GpsBabel is a total mess, and CompeGps is not fully supported, there are a lot of "???" in the source. Useless for me.
I'll do my best though.

Tiberio can you send me a compeGPS example with a few turnpoints ?
You can post it here as plain text as well.

Edited by - Coolwind on 10/02/2010 19:18:44
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  20:18:47  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll try to contact compegps company to get the information.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  20:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking at some paragliding competition WPs , I have noticed they are "simpified" version of CompeGPS format. I'll follow that guideline.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  20:57:25  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got reply in 30 minutes! CompeGPS gave me what we need! ;)

http://www.compegps.com/desarrollo/CompegpsAPI/CompeGPS%20Formats_UK%20v102.pdf

http://www.compegps.com/?lang=0en&opcion=6_4
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  21:01:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even better!
I noticed that CompeGPS can use both UTM and LatLon position for waypoints.
Is the UTM really used for waypoints in competitions?
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  00:42:10  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
On PWC (Paragliding World Cup) rules, they only talk about UTM for security reasons, to report easily the position of an accident. I never went to a International competition, so I can't reply you about that.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  00:33:24  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bo. if you have some CompeGPS send them to Paolo, I'm trying to get the most waypoints file possible!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy