PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 NOTAM ON/OFF page (DONE)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BravoLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 20:18:00
Is it possible to create an additional NOTAM activated airspace page in LK8000? The existing airspace filter is "OK" but time-consuming.

This is what I have in mind:

- All NOTAM activated areas must be stored in a separate airspace file.
- The areas must be sorted by airspace classification (AC R and Q) and displayed separately.
- Each area must be turned on by simply selecting ON.
- An additional classification (AC NOTAM) might be useful.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 30/06/2018 : 09:08:04
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8814
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1197
AlphaLima Posted - 25/02/2018 : 19:29:48
This is work in progress:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1169
BravoLima Posted - 19/02/2018 : 10:55:20
As I said before, the airspace filter is "OK" but maybe the search function can be simplified by adding an extra classification.

Therefore the following proposal: add the classification NOTAM.
All the NOTAM activated airspace can be included in this. These are still listed under Restricted or Danger classification and are the cause that one has to scroll through long lists to find an area (for example: I have the Dutch and German airspace in LK8000 and this provides a fairly long list of Restricted and Danger areas).

I understand that people want to limit the number of classifications, but I think that this addition can be very useful. Extra classifications that are not actually required are now also mentioned, such as: Wave and GliderSector but also CTR (this is actually classification C or D).

I would really appreciate it if this can be implemented.

With kind regards, Nico van der Bijl.
BravoLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 21:54:41
I'm sorry, but I think differently about this and hope that something can be simplified in the future.
AlphaLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 21:23:18
quote:
Originally posted by BravoLima
The airspacefilter is very time-consuming because of the many actions to turn an area on/off (enable/disable).

No it is not! If you use the Lookup Buton you can en-/disable each airspace by just 2 clicks. Same with Info Page 2.4 during flight.
BravoLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 21:21:15
I use a printed NOTAM-briefing and check the NOTAM areas one by one. If necessary I make my own airspacefile in OpenAir-format. The airspacefilter is very time-consuming because of the many actions to turn an area on/off (enable/disable).
AlphaLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 21:15:10
So what you can do either
define all your Notam airspaces as own airspace type (e.G.Wave). Then you can globaly en-/disable all together via the Filte type.
or
you must en-/disable each Notam airspace separatly (thats what NOTAMS are about!). Please be aware, that you can store these modifications persistently for your next fly on Setup Page 2 "Airspace Changes"
BravoLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 20:56:22
Yes, I'm familiar with these pages, but how can I simply turn on/off each airspace? The only way is airspacefilter and it's not userfriendly when you have to check many areas.
AlphaLima Posted - 18/02/2018 : 20:36:32
Thats what we already have:
Maybe I can add a substring search like we already have for waypoints.

Configuration Page 2 "Filter":

during flight:

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy