PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 No valid Fix on Internal Android GPS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danielvelez Posted - 09/08/2018 : 23:34:39
I´m posting as a new thread as the other one was pointed as "no bug" and with the Xiaomi phone.

The "strange" bug is that lk8000 jumps from 3d FIX to Invalid Fix with some chinese phones running on android.

Currently I have a HISENSE A2 Pro with android 7.0, dual screen, so really nice for sun readability.

The internal gps seems to be working ok with Google Maps, with GPS Status, with Share GPS, and with XCTrack or Alt.Air (android apps). Nevetheless, when using lk8000, the app gets a 3d fix but it lasts less than 1 seccond and then falls back to No Valid Fix for 3-5 secs.

Meanwhile, the IGC file seems to be recorder perfectly, with "unbroken" 1 sec position reporting.

So it seems that the issue is not because there´s no gps fix, but because there is an "invalid" fix as interpreted by internal gps readouts.

This gives an annoying onscreen message and beep that makes almost unusable the application.

During the last hanggliding pre-worlds on Italy i managed to make a "workaround" showing somehow that there is no "issue" with the gps on the phone, but an issue on how the internal gps stream is being handled by lk8000.

The workaround was to use SHARE GPS (another android app) to send the internal GPS sentences as NMEA data to an internal UDP port 127.127.127.0.
Then I configured lk8000 to read UDPSERVER as a device, ignoring the internal gps.
This way lk8000 received the sats and worked ok, but it´s a "dirty" workaround, as is using UDPSERVER so it will be messy if you want to connect to another "flarm" or "airwhere" external device via UDP.

So I´m hopping that you guys could take a look at this, and maybe manage a solution for "problematic" internal gps.

I´m willing to do some tests or to send runtime logs or similars, if you point me out in the right direction.

Thanks, and "LK8000" Rocks!

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 05/10/2018 : 15:22:28
Sorry I can not reproduce it with my Nokia8 nor Yotaphone2.
So I'm afraid we need one of this problematic phones to find out.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy