PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 vario android bug some devices

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laurent73 Posted - 24/09/2018 : 13:59:16
I use 6.1t android on samsung S4 with internal barometer.
the indications of the variometer are crazy and announce fast values like: +3.0 -2.0 -2.0 +1.0 without moving.
now the values after the comma are gone.
if I put myself in the shelter of the GPS network, the vario that previously worked with the internal barometer remains fixed.
if I change with barometer values, the variometer remains stopped.
before, when I moved slowly up or down it indicated +0.1 or -0.1, now it's stopped.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laurent73 Posted - 19/06/2019 : 11:16:28
Hello AI-71
I did not find a solution to this problem, my S3 works and I have not tried many hours with. Knowing that the vario is based on the GPS and does not use the indications of the internal barometer, the values ??of glide, orbit, are bad and I prefer to fly with my V2 with PNA version not subject to this problem.
I just tried version 7 and the problems are the same, only big values ??no decimals on the same devices.
Al-71 Posted - 25/03/2019 : 23:05:25
quote:
Originally posted by Laurent73

I raised two problems:
the first is that half of the smartphones are incompatible and announce integer values meter by meter forgetting decimals and I think it's a bug.
the other problem is that when a smartphone is equipped with a baro the android software does not use it as that of a PNA to improve the orbiter and it is not a bug but a regret.
Last variometer test on Huawei 5x with version 6.1u1: ms only integer values without decimals.
fm: only +197fm, -394fm, or +591fm, no intermediate values like meters per meter.

Hello Laurent73,
have you found a solution to your problem ?
It seems that I have the same problem with Samsung S3 and I had it with a Moto E.
The problem didn't appear since the begining but few hours later (?)

Laurent73 Posted - 17/10/2018 : 10:12:01
I raised two problems:
the first is that half of the smartphones are incompatible and announce integer values meter by meter forgetting decimals and I think it's a bug.
the other problem is that when a smartphone is equipped with a baro the android software does not use it as that of a PNA to improve the orbiter and it is not a bug but a regret.
Last variometer test on Huawei 5x with version 6.1u1: ms only integer values without decimals.
fm: only +197fm, -394fm, or +591fm, no intermediate values like meters per meter.
AlphaLima Posted - 08/10/2018 : 17:18:23
quote:
Originally posted by Laurent73
I made the difference after the installation of the baro that improves the accuracy of the calculation of glide, the orbiter and I think it is particularly important to associate with calculations.

Of course it does, but it is still not as good as real variometer. http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8863
AlphaLima Posted - 08/10/2018 : 17:04:00
Maybe a rounding or unit problem,
what units are you using for the vertical speed on Config Page 9 (m/s, ft/min or knots)?
Laurent73 Posted - 08/10/2018 : 14:29:07
I did tests on different devices and here are the results:
Samsung S4 android 5.0.1 with built-in baro apk 6.1t:
vario baro: NO
vario gps: only big values.
Samsung S3 android 4.4.4 with built-in baro apk 6.1h:
vario baro: NO
Vario GPS: YES all small values.
LENOVO TB3 android 5.0.1 no built-in baro apk 6.1r:
HUAWEI honor 5X android 5.0.1 no built-in baro apk 6.1t:
vario gps: only big values.
HUAWEI P8 Lite android 5.0.1 no built-in baro 6.1t apk:
MIO PNA no built-in baro apk 6.1j:
Vario GPS YES all small values.
V2 Pna with baro "gliders guides":
vario baro: YES even without altitude GPS even without GPS reception.
It seems to me that the proper functioning depends on the devices.
After stealing years without baro on my V2, I made the difference after the installation of the baro that improves the accuracy of the calculation of glide, the orbiter and I think it is particularly important to associate with calculations.
Laurent73 Posted - 08/10/2018 : 14:22:46
i can reproduce this on different devices
AlphaLima Posted - 05/10/2018 : 14:05:42
Sorry,
I can not reproduce this. Tested on a Nokia8. I get Vario changes in 0.1m/s steps. Did you get the Message "USING BARO ALTITUDE" ?
But please be aware that smartphone Baro Sensors are not a good vario sources!!!
If there is no valid GPS The display (and vario) is not refreshed. I doubt it was different in former versions.
However it is planed to go to a higher screen refeshrate (10Hz) on the way towards Version 8 of LK8000.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy