PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Hangs / Stucks / stalls on exit (NOBUG)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danielvelez Posted - 12/07/2018 : 05:51:48
Hello there.

I think i have identified and isolated a possible bug on lk8000 android version. When you have a phone with a sim card, a phone network with data, but no data plan, so you canīt really use the internet, lk8000 gets stuck while exiting, or takes forever. Itīs like if Lk8000 is validating or trying to send some report using the data channel of the phone but canīt acomplish so it stucks. The problem does not appear when you turn off data on the phone or use airplane mode, or if you happen to have a valid internet plan on the phone that can use the data.

It also has appear randomly when, even having data plan on the phone, the connection seems bad with the cellphone operator.

Is lk8000 doing something with "internet" during the exit routine?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 12/07/2018 : 20:55:34
This can only happen if livetracking is enabled. LK tries to send the last positions and fails after some retries and timouts. This takes time and thats normal!
danielvelez Posted - 12/07/2018 : 20:49:33
Hello AlphaLima.

I tryied on 3 different phones (3 different pilots). 2 out of 3 are using external barometer. But it does not matter. To replicate you only need a "prepaid sim card with no cash", that logs into the 3g or 4g network but that canīt surfer on the web because of lack of payment... then LK8000 will take a lot (sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes even 2 minutes) to "close" after you initiate exit routine, with the message "shutting down" on the status bar.

If you indee have the abilitie to surf the net, then when exiting lk8000 it will shut down almost in 3-5 secs, (perfect) or if you go to airplane mode or turn off "data", so the phone does not even care to check for connection to internet, then it will turn off just fine.

I could try with more phones, just "placing" a dumb sim on them but iīm pretty sure it will show same behaviour. 3 phones is enought and i can replicate whenever I like.
AlphaLima Posted - 12/07/2018 : 08:13:55
Can't verify this problem even with livetracking enabled (tested on two different devices).
Are you using an external device such as vario or something.
Anybody else having this problem?

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy