PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Airspace selection (DONE)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kai Posted - 01/05/2018 : 19:06:37
Since you have done a very good job on Android, I am interested to come back to LK. Here just a question.

Assume this: You are cross country flying in unkown area and you try to get a specific airspace information:
You touch the screen above the relevant airspace.
What I get now is a pop up with a list of many airspaces (and others) around the clicked display position. Now I have to perform to get an idea of the geometrical shape of “my airspace” to compare it with the pictures of the airspace list (each of the airspaces in different scale). In case I should be able to align brain pictures and pictures in pop up listing, I have to get an idea of my distance to the individuals of the list. This is a complex task and within the last flying hours in Switzerland around Zürich it was almost impossible for me.
Also info page Airspace (2.4) doesn't really help in this situation, especially if you are circling.
My question:
Is there a way to get just the airspaces at the clicked display position or is there a related way to make that?

Thank you!
Kai
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kai Posted - 04/02/2020 : 07:14:36
I flew last season with the beta version. I thought getting information about the clicked airspace became somehow easier. Now I know why :)
AlphaLima Posted - 03/02/2020 : 23:16:49
Yes!
Kai Posted - 03/02/2020 : 23:02:12
@AL
I saw your last two entries here accidently right now ;)
Is this decreased search area already in all 7.1 beta -versions included?
AlphaLima Posted - 28/01/2020 : 09:25:14
@Kai
did you test it, are you happy with it now?
AlphaLima Posted - 15/05/2018 : 22:36:35
I already decreased the search area for big zoom scales, for a more precise feedback.
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1175
AlphaLima Posted - 05/05/2018 : 13:12:54
quote:
Originally posted by Kai

I also tried to use side view. But I fly a glider that every some seconds changes the heading and therefore the side view changes permanently the scope.

I afraid you're dealing with such complex airspaces in a wrong way. You should use the Multimap2, it is not changing fast as it is allways pointing to your waypoint target. Most usefull on cross country flying (see pictures below). Try it, than you see all airspaces that really matter from your current position towards your selected target.

The swiss airspace is quite cluttered, I will see if I can decrease the search area for airspaces a bit. However for such complex airspaces you must do a propper pre flight study and you should use the other tools of LK8000 I already mentioned.

Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 03/05/2018 : 08:16:09
Another few hints..

I config, turn off the airspaces you are allowed to fly in like Echo and Golf airspaces, if you have a transponder in your glider, you can also turn off the TMZ's

You can also set LK8000 to show only the airspaces that are below you, or show only airspaces below a certain altitude.

I use the functionality quite a lot, and is very useful to me, normally I see no more then a 3 or 4 airspaces.. and the Netherlands has a lot of airspaces!

Last but not least.. if you see so many airspaces, I think your zoom level is way to big... you do not have to see all of Switserland on your screen :-) In the lower right corner you see the zoom level, if it is above let say 10km (1cm=10km) that is too much... my max zoom is 5Km, most of the time it is at 3.5km or so. enough to see ahead and anticipate your course for it.

Practice this at home on a pc, I am sure you find a way that works for you. The dev team has done a wonderful job to make it as easy as possible, but there are a lot of settings and adjustments to play with beforehand, to make it perfect for your situation.
Kai Posted - 02/05/2018 : 21:40:43
Thank you AL,
I tried zoom level but the behaviour is not predictable (a scenario to verify that I can give you).
I also tried to use side view. But I fly a glider that every some seconds changes the heading and therefore the side view changes permanently the scope. For planning the course depending on task, weather and airspace, it is not the right approach.
May be it is an idea to establish a button e.g. in Setup or for the "custom menu" to have the choice how I want to see the airspace: Airspace information exactly where my finger touched the screen or like you have it now, that in some cirumstances is also useful.
Regards from
Kai
AlphaLima Posted - 01/05/2018 : 23:00:28
Some Hints:
-The search radius depends on the zoom level. So to get more specific, zoom in a bit. Eventually use pan mode for airspaces in a longer distance.
-Set the "Airspace Display" Filter on Config page 2 "Airspace" to auto will remove irrelevant airspaces (above and far below).
-Klick in the sideview is another easy approach with a better awareness.
-in the Multiselect dialog the airspaces are displayed with distance relative to you, negative distance indicate your already in/under/above.
-Are you aware of "group acknolage"?
-In a future version we will have a airspace lookup dialog with subtext search.
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1169
regards
AL

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy